Job #1653: General Counsel - FL (7-22-21)
Job TitleGeneral Counsel
TITLE: General Counsel
Reports to: Founder, Managing Director & CEO
Company is a unique growth-oriented private equity firm focused on investing in areas where information technology is enabling the disruption of industries by allowing a faster, better and more economically compelling way to solve industry issues. We seek to benefit from a diverse perspective combined with high performance operating and investment executives. We hire and promote based on merit, without bias, and make a genuine effort to ensure we have a diversified team that aligns with the diversity of our portfolio companies and their clients. We intend to maintain over 65% of our team members as culturally or gender diverse, and work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Bringing a leadership and advisory group of successful entrepreneurs, former operators and deal making experience, Black Dragon’s team has a track record of building market leading companies, driving above market returns and accelerating growth and profitability through its distribution connections, strategic advice, and active participation within our investments, primarily in financial technologies, eCommerce, and sports and media technology markets.
We are looking for an experienced General Counsel with M&A transaction experience within a technology who will serve as a strategic member of the executive team, partnering with executives in setting the ’s continued growth strategy. He/she will be leading the Legal function as well as providing oversight to several other critical areas and be responsible for timely, accurate and comprehensive filings of the ’s various reporting obligations. Counsel will be the senior advisor to the General Partner on all legal matters as well as provide legal advice to corporate and portfolio management teams and strategic advice on business initiatives, oversee compliance with employment laws and regulations, and create solutions to mitigate employment legal risk.
- Identify legal issues, draft key documents, present clear legal recommendations, and assure legal compliance by corporate functions.
- Oversee, manage, and draft pre-deal and transactional documents dealing with acquisitions, financing, and dispositions, and provide guidance to pre and post-acquisition due diligence and deal transaction support.
- Provide hands-on counsel to all levels of executives and manage the company ’s approach to and implementation of the best practices and procedures of these areas.
- Manage outside counsel in an efficient and effective manner.
- Represent the company in litigation and other legal proceedings.
- Review of closing transactions, including sales, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Assist with the negotiation of complex acquisitions, sales and/or joint ventures.
- Provide guidance to complex loan agreements and other financing instruments.
- Advise portfolio companies on legal strategy and issues as appropriate.
- Ability to apply legal expertise to identify potential issues in partnership with colleagues.
- Ability to think strategically while also being willing to "roll up your sleeves." Ability to coordinate all aspects of multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Strong relationship management skills. A
- bility to build and maintain productive relationships with leaders of other functional areas within and across the business areas.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work effectively in a lean environment. Intelligence and exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Combine strategic thinking ability and strategy development with pragmatic business approach.
- Displays a willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions and effectively influences actions.
- Bachelor’s and Juris Doctor degree with a minimum of 8+ years of Legal experience, including a senior position in a technology , preferably software and/or fintech
- Private Equity experience a plus
- Experience acquiring and integrating companies
- Experience overseeing/assisting other staff functions and activities
- Proven general counsel experience in business environment
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to "see around the corner"
- Based in (or willing to relocate to) the Boca Raton, FL area.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Stacey Hipsman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1653 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.