Job #1652: Controller - NJ (7-22-21)
At the Company, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient, and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where millennials can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
The Team at the Company:
We’re a lean, fast-growing team of passionate employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds, having worked at ecommerce companies, digitally native brands, the largest department stores, ecommerce platforms and even brick-and-mortar stores. We’re building out our technology, logistics and selection with the millennial shopper in mind – setting strategy, building product, curating brands and helping drive the customer experience.
We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where every member of the team is a business owner – we want you to have a seat at the table because every opinion matters here. We are building a team of creatives, strategists, creative problem solvers, data analysts and more. We want our employees to be inspired every day they come to work and that starts with the people around them.
Our passion is to create a better experience for our customers and our brands and we hope you will join us on that journey.
About this role:
As a Controller at the Company, you will lead our Accounting team while ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly Profit and Loss Statement, the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements in accordance with GAAP. You will have a mindset for continuous improvement and actively drive process improvements and automation throughout the organization. A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, identify creative solutions to obstacles, handle ambiguity with grace, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Own the Accounting, Tax, and Treasury functions of the company
- Prepare monthly financial statements, variances, and adjust financial projections
- Close the books and building out best-in-class processes
- Get company through an Audit, ensure taxes are filed on time, and all regulations are met
- Optimize processes cross departmentally to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial data
- Partner with ERP (NetSuite) team to drive process improvements and automation
- Oversight of all financing and cash management activities including cash flow projections, financial reporting, budgeting, monthly, quarterly and year end closings
- Provide scale to the accounting organization by leadership and growth through remote workforce expansion
- Partner with departmental leaders to drive a budget process and hold P&L owners accountable for variances to the budget
- Safeguarding of corporate assets through internal controls
- Management of Company relationship with lenders, banks, investors, and outside financial consultants (audit, tax, etc)
- 7+ years related experience, gained through a combination of public accounting and private industry experience
- Deep finance and accounting management expertise
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience implementing, using and evolving an ERP system (NetSuite preferred)
- Experience in CPG industry and/or e-commerce is preferred
- Ability to navigate complex financial situations in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in building and leading finance teams and implementing systems, processes and best practices
- Established business acumen and leadership presence with strong communication, influencing and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand business needs from internal and external stakeholders in order to drive functional requirements
- Equal part strategic and tactical (hands-on) with a “big picture” perspective
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Greg Pearson at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1652 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.