Job #1651: Controller - NJ (7-22-21)
Rich Art is a leading manufacturer of art products. Founded in 1926, Rich Art brings quality products at highly competitive prices to market via national and regional retailers. Our customers include Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Office Depot. We manufacture tempera paint products exclusively for the nationally recognized Scholastic brand.
Our products are all made in the USA and certified non-toxic by the Arts & Crafts Materials Institute. They are sold in tens of thousands of locations in the United States and Canada. Rich Art’s product development capability and our intellectual property in the form of our highly respected brand and innovative formulations using the most modern materials set us apart as the most dynamic and fastest growing force in our industry.
Rich Art is a rapidly expanding, exciting and dynamic company. We are looking for a Controller who would report directly into the COO and is responsible for day-to-day activities of all aspects of accounting & finance and monitoring operational KPI’s.
• Manage the finance and accounting functions, including financial reporting and complete the implementation of our perpetual inventory system. (Knowledge of Mar-Kov is helpful).
• Timely and accurate preparation and issuance of the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Provide forecasting support, annual budget preparation, quarterly forecasts, andmonthly planning.
• Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Perform variance analysis and reconciliation of goods receipts with financial statements.
• Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
• Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
• Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and raw materials and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns daily.
• Perform walk-through of the plant with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead,distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
• Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance, and sales management personnel to discuss all financial aspects of plant issues.
• Preparation of detailed analytical reports on company performance
• Interaction with rest of the Management Team providing timely and accurate financial analysis of risks andopportunities.
• Supervision of Accounting staff
• Management of the standard costing system and minimum order quantities
• Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare necessary daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
• Ensure company Policies and Procedures are adequate and adhered to
• Assist with the review and management of the company’s benefit programs and recommend any changes.
• Assist with any other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA/MBA a plus
• Minimum seven to ten years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong proficiency in Excel and computer-based accounting systems, experience with
Microsoft, and software order processing inventory management systems.
• Experience with managing a finance and accounting team.
• Experience with cost accounting, budgeting, A/P, A/R and P/R and cash forecasting
• Ability to develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
• Good communication skills; written and verbal.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Brian Fern at Bkfern52@gmail.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1651 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.