Job #1648: Assistant Controller - Remote (7-15-21)
Job TitleAssistant Controller
Create a New Asset Class. Feed the Planet. Fight Climate Change.
Recognizing that farming is the single most vital industry on our planet, we at FarmTogether, Inc. want to drive sustainable and prosperous food systems that work for everyone in our globally connected world.
We are creating a technology-driven investment and trading platform for a brand new asset class - a $10 trillion global farmland market, previously only accessible to the largest institutional investors. This is a unique opportunity to join at the beginning of this exciting journey and help grow a truly innovative financial product while also having an active role in battling climate change and creating food systems of the future.
Our vision is to provide all investors with access to farmland investments, and farmers and farmland owners with access to flexible and creative capital.
We are seeking an Assistant Controller (US-based; NYC area, Bay Area or Remote) to assist with maintaining the books and records of FarmTogether and its investment farm vehicles (LLCs), assist with the annual corporate audit and partner with the external accountants to prepare annual tax returns for all entities. The ideal candidate is an adaptable high-performing accountant with about 5 years of experience in either public or private accounting.
First and foremost we want to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about agriculture, climate, farming, investing or finance.
- You have a “no task is too-big or too-small” mentality.
- You are a self-driver that can take a project and run with it.
- You are data-driven and analytical by nature.
- You are looking for a long-term remote culture.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have an accounting background in the investment or farming industry
- You have sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- You can clearly and concisely communicate your ideas and issues.
- Assist with completing NetSuite implementation and getting the Company ready for its first audit.
- Maintain all records in NetSuite in accordance with US GAAP
- Preparing partner capital allocations of net income, contributions and distributions
- Coordinate annual audit process for FarmTogether and tax return preparation for all entities
- Assist with managing and monitoring entity bank accounts and treasury functions
- Compile quarterly GAAP financial statements
- Document and maintain Standard Operating Procedures documentation
- Support Operations Team with ad hoc requests. ie processing wires, A/P
- Must have an active US CPA license
- Demonstrated experience with financial audits and monthly close process
- Ability to learn, develop and implement new systems and technologies with ease
- Rigorous in producing quality work product and analysis, foster internal collaboration, and embrace accountability to outcomes
- Growth mindset, with the ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience using NetSuite
- Experience with GSuite environment - gmail, Google Sheets, etc.
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working across time zones
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Stacy Gulich at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1648 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.