Job #1647: Sr. Accountant - Greenwich CT , Palm Beach FL (7-15-21)
Job TitleSenior Accountant
Salary$90,000 - $100,000 plus bonus potential
The Accountant will have two main focus areas: 1) accounting for the Family Office’s international investment portfolio 2) US tax compliance for the portfolio. Reporting to the CFO – Africa and Tax Director. The Accountant will be working for a group of the family office that focuses on real estate hospitality investments as well as not for profit organizations in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial reporting from foreign subsidiaries.
- Review cash levels and funding requests from foreign subsidiaries.
- Review expenses from subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections.
- Account for sales of properties and track basis.
- Prepare all journal entries.
- Review annual budgets.
- Review annual financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual US financials.
- Work with auditors on US financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly investor related disclosures and capital tables.
- Prepare cash flows for subsidiaries.
- Work with external accountants and oversee US tax compliance for investors with Tax Director.
- Review and track local tax return compliance with foreign accountants.
- Work with Management on accounting for new investments.
- Travel to investments (10-20% travel post COVID).
- Special projects as required.
Experience: 2-4 years of accounting experience performing general accounting and preparing financial statements. Public accounting/Audit, Real Estate accounting, and Tax experience a plus but not required.
License/Certifications: CPA preferred
This person’s work must be organized, detailed and they should be able to work well independently as well as within a small team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and basic research skills.
- Solid organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details.
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm as well as build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel investment principles
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Paul.Ehrenreich@jnsgrp.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1647 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.