Job #1642: Controller - New York (7-7-21)
Y7 Studio is sweat dripping, beat bumping, candlelit yoga. All studios are heated to 80-90 degrees using state-of-the-art infrared technology, which helps create a detoxifying sweat that stimulates blood circulation and increases flexibility. Classes are paced to the beat of the music with tracks from varied artists and genres. We practice in a dark,
candlelit room with no mirrors to encourage you to turn your focus inward and explore your individual practice.
In addition to its studios across New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, Y7 offers on-demand and live streamed classes through Y7 Online, along with a 5-star rated teacher training program.
Y7 is seeking a detail-oriented, self starter to join the Finance Team. Reporting directly to the CFO, the Controller will be a critical member in managing the company's finances and setting Y7 up for continued growth.
• Manage 3rd party financial firm in monthly bookkeeping and close process, with the near-term goal of making our internal process both more efficient and faster.
• Produce monthly close packages for internal team and board review, including Day 1 Revenue, monthly and YTD performance versus budget and last year, and cash flow forecasts.
• Manage AP process through bill.com, including management of chart of accounts and correct categorization of expenses and maintaining just-in-time payment strategy.
• Oversee corporate credit card program for existing leadership team, as well as expense reimbursement system (tallie.com) for all employees, including timely and correct categorization of expenses.
• Oversee corporate bank accounts to ensure appropriate funding needs are met at all times, and ensure protection against fraud by maintaining white-list of trusted vendor partners.
• Manage Quarterly Sales Tax Filings in all Y7's nexus states, as well as Commercial Rent Tax Filings in Manhattan.
• With CFO, partner with our external accounting firm on timely and accurate Annual Tax Filing.
• AR and Invoicing management as needed.
• Bachelors degree in finance/accounting/economics, or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial principles, CPA preferred.
• Experience with multi-unit Brick & Mortar retail businesses, fitness & wellness
industry experience a plus but not required.
• Experience with QuickBooks Pro or other accounting software.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, and GSuite
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Stephanie Lung at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1642 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.