Job #1640:SVP Accounting - Philadelphia (7-6-21)
Job TitleSVP Accounting
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Link Logistics Real Estate ("Link") is an industrial real estate operating platform owned by Blackstone. Link currently manages a national portfolio of high-quality, well-located industrial assets totaling over 400 million square feet throughout the United States, with approximately $1.5B in the development pipeline.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Senior Vice President of Accounting & Reporting (“SVP”) will provide solid business leadership and council to the Fund Accounting team. This individual will have responsibility for various aspects of financial closes while maintaining the accounting structure, procedures, and controls. The SVP will also ensure the application of appropriate technical accounting and regulatory rules for the areas of responsibility. Finally, the SVP will provide leadership, strategic direction, and oversight to the Fund Accounting team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing a staff of three accountants responsible for monthly fund accounting and reporting for the Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust (BREIT) Industrial portfolio. BREIT reporting is generally both monthly and quarterly in interval and involves short delivery timelines under SEC guidelines;
- Producing regular analysis of financial statements as part of the reporting process to BREIT Corporate Accounting;
- Working closely with the BREIT Fund team and provide responses to questions and ad-hoc reporting;
- Working with the Property Accounting team regarding property related issues;
- Coordinating with BREIT and other Blackstone personnel on the monthly valuation of BREIT assets;
- Working with Link’s Chief Accounting Officer to streamline all processes tied to satisfying BREIT reporting needs;
- Serving as the primary liaison for all reporting needs outside of direct BREIT responsibilities;
- Leading, managing and developing a strong, performance-oriented team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business;
- Identifying training issues and areas for improvement and successes of staff, and communicating these items effectively with staff.
Professional Experiences and Qualities
The successful candidate will have 15+ years of accounting experienced, preferably within the real estate or financial services sectors. This individual will also be a proven leader and will bring innate curiosity and openness to new ideas/approaches to succeed within Link’s culture and work environment.
The ideal candidate should also possess, at minimum, the following qualifications and attributes:
- Progressive track record of success in leading within an accounting function, specifically with a real estate organization or fund;
- Tenure managing numerous subordinates and complex, time-constrained processes;
- Deep knowledge of GAAP and strong technical capabilities with expertise in working with technical accounting matters and accounting standards, specifically in analyzing and ensuring compliance with ASC 842 Leases and ASC 606 Revenue Recognition;
- Fluency in SEC reporting requirements;
- Strong business acumen and exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills with ability to present to senior management;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Hands-on experience with technology capabilities and real estate software related to accounting and financial reporting (experience with Yardi, PowerBI, and Blackline is a plus).
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required; a CPA is preferred.
About Raines International
Raines International is an advisory firm committed to making a difference with executive search, organizational consulting, and talent management solutions. Raines is headquartered in Miami with ten offices across the Americas. Raines specializes in senior-level leadership placements across industries and functions.
For additional information, please visit our website: www.rainesinternational.com.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Allen Geller at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1640 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.