Job #1639:Controller/Financial Manager - Melville, NY (7-2-21)
Job TitleController/Financial Manager
The EGC Group is a truly integrated creative and media marketing agency. We have a very strong culture developed over 35 years, and people often comment on our genuinely friendly and informal style. This, combined with a real passion for great ideas, makes EGC an exciting place to work. Our average employee tenure is over 9 years, far exceeding our industry and we currently have approximately 40 FTE. Our services include digital and traditional advertising, media services, and specialized marketing services to regional and national clients. We are a member of Tribe Global, an association of over 40 advertising agencies throughout the world and offer global services through this association.
Job Description : Controller/Financial Manager
The overall responsibility for management of the company’s P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Management, budgeting and forecasting. From delivering key financial reporting requirements to advising the company CEO and President, this role ensures that the systems, processes and team are positioned to provide accurate, timely data, both internally and externally to the business.
- Actual month-end reporting, Monthly rolling forecasting, Monthly management reporting (P&L presentation to management), quarterly Client Profitability Report (CPR), Monthly HR related reporting.
- Manage the full scope of financial and management reporting, financial planning and analysis, working capital management, gap analysis.
- Provide financial indicators and metrics to the management to identify red flags, risk, growth opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Lead the monthly closing, monthly forecasts and budget process.
- Review financial performance to identify variances and devised action plans to resolve financial and operational issues and strengthening topline growth and profitability.
- Work closely with HR team on staff related reporting matters on headcount and personnel costs and benefits.
- Work closely with senior management to monitor financial targets both in revenue and costs management / staff hires.
- Identify areas for costs reduction and savings to maximize profitability.
- Management and control. Cashflow management. AP/AR. Capital expenditure spending.
- Internal audit, External audit and Taxation.
- Orchestrate timely and accurate monitoring and control of all company expenses
- Manage cashflow, FX exposure & ensure timely collection of receivables
- Provide day-to-day control needs e.g. payment authorizations.
- Manage capital expenditures spending of the company.
- Review Statutory accounts prepared by Shared Services Centre to ensure accuracy; compliance and submissions are in line with relevant regulations.
- Analyze business situations and internal processes and put in place checks and balances in compliance with internal controls
- Act as a point of contact on accounting interactions with our accounting firm.to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company’s accounting records.
Effectively manage, motivate and develop a team of 4 people Supervise and review performance of individuals in the team.
Establish and maintain robust controls and best practices across the finance function e.g. risk assessments. Provide a culture of continuous improvement to ensure effective support to changing business needs.
- Demonstrates ability to handle work efficiently and with strong commitment to timelines / deadlines.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to engage all levels of the organization with credibility.
- “Hands on” approach with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor/Master with minimum 5 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Expert in Excel; Advantage software (agency industry specific) experience a plus.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Ernest Canadeo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1639 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.