Job #1637: Sr. Director of Finance - Florida/Remote (6-28-21)
Job TitleSr. Director of Finance
Senior Director of Finance
Position Objective: To provide strong financial analytical skills in the areas of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, accounting (including accounts receivables, accounts payables processing, customer billing), payroll, tax compliance and calculation. The objective is also to manage and evaluate members of the accounting and finance teams, oversee internal controls, set financial targets, implement cost cutting strategies, develop and execute a sound financial strategy, conduct feasibility studies, monitor expenditure, oversee annual insurance coverages and cost, monitor cash flow, evaluate investments, and work collaboratively with the organization stakeholders to meet goals. Finally, you will use your strong skills and experience in sound financial planning and analysis coupled with your ability to direct financial assets to assist our organization in implementing effective financial strategies, staying debt free, improving revenue, and maintaining a healthy financial position.
A Day in the Life
A day at CampusWorks as a Sr. Finance Director is very diverse. It ranges from rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the other team members in the department to making strategic financial forecasting that affects the organization’s bottom line. The role plays an integral part in business development, delivery, human resources, contracting and more. Monthly close and P&L results are a part of your everyday language. You will use your strong managerial and coaching skills to help your team develop and thrive. Some days you will be deeply involved in monitoring every variance on the business’ income statement as compared to the budget and be able to explain it in plain language to the CFO. You will make presentations to the leadership team for which you will be a member. You will also understand corporate and payroll taxes and work closely with the auditors. You will also spend time on Zoom connecting and becoming a part of the team. No two days are the same and sometimes the days are long, but you will have fun and you will grow in your skills and leadership muscles!
Location: Remote with Light Travel for occasional meetings
Job Type: Full Time/Salaried
Travel: Less than 15%
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Reviews and redesigns all financial reports and creates new reporting to monitor profitability and growth
- Prepares in the appropriate format, accurate, timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for the Leadership team and Board of Directors
- Reports include but are not limited to (Forecasting, Monthly Financial Statements, Quarterly Financial Package for Board Presentation, Board package creation including content for other areas)
- Monthly Actuals and Year to Go Forecasts Provides for a system of management cost reports
- Conducts analysis to make forecasts and reports to the Executive team Issues monthly financial statements on a timely basis and review with the CFO Conducts and coordinates the preparation of the annual financial report (corporate annual report)
- Oversees the annual budget process Establishes budgets in accordance with the requirements of company departments Initiates, directs, and completes the annual budgeting process
- Creates the budget timeline communicates the information required by all departments with the relevant deadlines Follows up with the departments to make sure the required information is delivered on time
- Collaborates after the first run and the financial statements compilation to adjust the Revenue and expenses budget and align with the Net income guidelines
- Oversees, review, and adhere to the budgets for each department Manages capital requests
- Compliance and Audits – Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation and ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Main point of contact with the annual auditing and tax return services for qualification free annual audit report and timely submission of the company’s tax returns on all Multiple states and Federal along with the timely submission of the K-1’s to the company’s shareholders by March 15 every year
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations Develop financial and tax strategies Review and approve and submit all annual financial filings to the CFO for approval Data privacy practices review and implementation of the latest standards for Accounting and Finance department
- Manage and provide ongoing training and direction to accounting and finance personnel
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (accounting, controlling, etc.)
- Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Leadership Team and Management Team Accounting and Finance dept. SOPs – preparing for growth
- Oversee financial operations of our company In depth review of the existing and creation new accounting and financial processes (prior experience with process review and redesign of the Finance and Accounting functions/departments is required) Implement accounting and finance best practices
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures Maintain a policy manual for the Finance and Accounting departments and create SOP for every financial and accounting task Undertake the task for storing accounting records on the cloud Review and Implement a new Finance system Successful implementation of financial package as we are planning to migrate from QuickBooks to Unanet Financials (or equivalent system) Prior experience of such implementation is required Set up and oversee the implementation of the company’s finance system Accounting and Finance dept. SOPs – preparing for growth
- Oversee financial operations of our company In depth review of the existing and creation new accounting and financial processes (prior experience with process review and redesign of the Finance and Accounting functions/departments is required)
- Implement accounting and finance best practices Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures Maintain a policy manual for the Finance and Accounting departments and create SOP for every financial and accounting task
- Undertake the task for storing accounting records on the cloud Review and Implement a new Finance system
- Successful implementation of financial package as we are planning to migrate from QuickBooks to Unanet Financials Prior experience of such implementation is required Set up and oversee the implementation of the company’s finance system
Education and Experience
- Experience and Education Hands-on experience as a working finance director.
- Expectation to work alongside the Accounting and Finance team members is a must.
- 10+ years of increasing financial responsibility and experience with a professional services or consulting company with operations like CampusWorks.
- Experience with small to medium sized companies that experienced high growth. Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field (Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Law or equivalent highly preferred)
- The candidate will also be better suited with CPA, ACA/ACCA certification.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting Strong management and coaching skills to oversee finance team employees and delegate tasks as required
- Exceptional computer skills, being highly proficient MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint, all necessary for the creation of financial reports and recommendations.
- Excel superuser, including macros is required.
- Strong knowledge of project-based accounting software.
- Experience with Unanet Scheduling/ Programming and Unanet Financials or comparable systems is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills Ability to develop, create, and maintain relationships with service providers, contractors, and vendors required
- Detailed and result-oriented with strong organizational skills Be self-motivated and proactive requiring minimal supervision
- Must be able to build a team and work comfortably in a highly collaborative setting Exceptional problem-solving skills, and have an ability to remain calm in times of uncertainty and stress
- Ability to understand a consulting practice business and principle
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Patrice Ruggieri at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1637 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.