Job #1629: Tax Partner - NY/Remote (6-15-21)
Job TitleTax Partner
LocationNew York/ Remote
Falcon Rappaport & Berkman PLLC - New York City Metropolitan Area - Remote
Falcon Rappaport & Berkman is a rapidly-growing, mid-sized law firm focusing on the transactional areas of Real Estate, Estate Planning and Administration, Taxation, and Corporate and Securities matters. FRB’s fully integrated areas of concentration expertly advise real estate professionals, closely held business owners, discerning families, and private equity firms. The interdisciplinary collaboration among the lawyers of FRB allows the firm to achieve better
outcomes for its clients that could only be secured through proficiency in multiple fields of law. Our growing firm has created a need for talented individuals to assist our partners in handling the tax aspects of complex transactions and controversies. The location of this position is flexible,including the option to work remotely.
The working hours can also be flexible to accommodate working parents, though approximately 6-8 hours of internal meetings per week have mandatory attendance.
This position does not require any existing book of business, but any portable clientele would be a plus.
• Heavy emphasis on tax research.
• Regular client contact and project management.
• Designing and structuring transactions to achieve income, gift, estate, GST, and state and local tax outcomes.
• Composing formal and informal client communications to assist in understanding complex tax matters.
• Drafting IRS Circular 230-compliant tax opinions.
• Supervising and training younger and less experienced staff.
• Writing short-form and long-form articles, compiling materials for presentations, and participating in marketing of the firm’s tax practice.
The ideal candidate has:
• Required: At least six years of experience at a law firm or accounting firm performing a
variety of tax work (i.e., real estate, trust/estate, and corporate tax).
• Required: Demonstrable history of complex tax structuring
• Required: Familiarity with all aspects of Microsoft Office, with a particular emphasis on
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; mastery of Microsoft Office preferred.
• Strongly Preferred: Supervisory experience
• Strongly Preferred: Master of Laws in Taxation from NYU, Georgetown, Boston U., or Miami
• Strongly Preferred: Authorship of an IRS Circular 230-compliant tax opinion• Preferred: Dual-licensed attorney/CPAs
• Preferred: Experience in any of the following areas: Section 1031 exchanges, Qualified
Opportunity Zones, estate/gift/GST tax planning, fiduciary income tax, cross-border corporate tax, taxation of bankruptcy, state and local tax, or taxation of mergers and acquisitions
• Experience with Clio a plus
• Fluency in any language other than English a plus
Submit the following materials when applying:
• Cover Letter
• Tax-focused Writing Sample
• LL.M. Transcript, if you achieved your LL.M. within the last three years
• Robust benefits package, including life and disability insurance, 401(k) match, and contribution toward health insurance premiums.
• Flexible work hours and location, including option for 100% remote indefinitely.
• Transparent communication across the department and the firm at large.
• Encouragement of continuing education (both presenting and attending), networking, and suggestions to improve firm operations.
• Mentorship about technical aspects of law practice and how to build a book of business.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Josbeca Done at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1629 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.