Job #1628: CFO - Miami, FL (6-14-21)
Established in 2006, Mast Capital is a value-oriented real estate investment company with integrated development and asset management teams. Mast has made successful acquisitions in the residential, hospitality, office, retail and land sectors, and targets opportunistic and value-add investments in existing property, ground-up development, distressed real estate, and note purchases. Mast’s robust infrastructure provides institutional-quality management in all facets of the investment process, while its discretionary capital sources allow Mast to act quickly compared to its competitors.
- Manage all financial aspects of a vertically-integrated real estate firm with a large variety of successful commercial, hospitality and residential projects in its portfolio. Functional areas include finance, accounting, tax, treasury, investor relations, compliance and operations.
- Oversee our 3rd party service providers including our fund administrator, audit and tax firms as well as our internal team.
- Supervise fund accounting, financial reporting and tax structuring; identify and resolve tax and US GAAP issues.
- Review accounting for the general partner and Management Company and perform budgeting, cash flow management and other financial analyses.
- Oversee and manage firm’s commercial banking relationships, including subscription line and cash accounts as well as covenant reporting on asset-level financing.
- Work with outside compliance service provider to monitor compliance program and to document and enforce appropriate policies.
- Interface with our property and development operations, oversee related accounting and reporting, closings, development draws, revenues and performance payments to our regional partners.
- Review fundraising and related agreements with counsel, including subscription documents, private placement memoranda and side letters. Respond to due diligence questionnaires and prepare other customized limited partner information requests.
- Negotiate, implement and manage firm’s administrative and office needs (as required), including human resources, IT, facilities, payroll and benefits for its employees.
- Minimum of 12+ years of accounting work experience, including at least 5 years of hands-on private equity accounting experience (i.e., Controller level or above)
- Experience leading internal and external teams
- Familiarity with Yardi a plus
- Someone who ensures deadlines get met
- Highly organized
- Keen desire to learn
- Good rapport building skills with colleagues, investors and other third parties
- Owner’s mindset, interested in having a long-term seat at the table
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Camilo Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1628 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.