Job #1626: Marketing Manager - Edison, NJ (6-8-21)
Job TitleMarketing Manager
The Marketing Manager is an integral member of the team that must deliver against company objectives for Ashley Furniture HomeStores of Metro New York and New Jersey, owned by Factory Direct Enterprises (FDE). This involves developing and implementing retail advertising strategies to meet traffic, sales and profitability growth projections; collaborating with and influencing peer groups in Advertising, Sales, Store Operations, Merchandise, E-Commerce and others to contribute to marketing plans that drive growth. Overall, the Manager contributes to the high-performance culture of FDE, models our core values and facilitates customer acquisition and re-engagement activities that position the Ashley HomeStore as the #1 home furnishings brand in style, selection, quality and value in Metro New York and New Jersey markets.
- Manage a multi-million dollar advertising budget and execute local media and activation programs to drive TRAFFIC in conjunction with current Advertising Agency.
- Execute local marketing plans in partnership with Advertising Agency, Sales, Merchandising, and Operations to deliver Traffic and Sales goals.
- Develop and expand company’s digital presence through social media, email, digital media, and other online sources; promotes company brand through these channels.
- Draft, implement, maintain, and revise traditional and digital media in response to market conditions, consumer demand, product availability, and store performance.
- Identify consumer trends and insights in the home furnishings category and media consumption.
- Work with Culture and Experience Manager to plan, coordinate and execute community events, store openings and Ashley Cares programs exhibiting FDE core values to the Team and Guests.
- Cultivate strong relationships with Ashley Global Retail, FDE sales agents and FDE executive team to innovate and optimize marketing effort and investment.
- Develop improvements to the customer experience and sales process including but not limited to in-store point-of-purchase (POP), data collection, Ashley Advantage, and sales programs.
- Own and communicate marketing key performance indicators (KPIs), project plans, and priorities.
- Monitor the competition’s advertised offers, event cadence, and media spend to inform marketing actions.
- Maintain professional and technical marketing knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks especially within the Ashley HomeStore licensee community.
- Provide historical records by maintaining data and documentation.
- Initiate the utilization of a CRM program including technology, sales use, and marketing programs
- Own promotional strategies; store marketing briefs, planning briefings, marketing strategy, and production of advertising assets.
- Attend all relevant department meetings to learn and participate in cross-functional work streams
- Partner with media vendors to manage programs, optimize results, and control creative development.
- Document key job functions and procedures according to the FDE process improvement guidelines.
- The Manager will work a minimum of 40 hours per week and will need to respond to select situations on evenings and weekends.
- The number of hours will increase during specific events and holiday seasons, or to meet other business needs.
- Travel will be on a regular basis to Factory Direct Enterprise markets.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a marketing leadership role
- Must have an extreme attention to detail, be a strong writer, and a customer and culture advocate.
- Expert on multi-channel tactics (i.e., cable, social media, email), a proven problem solver and a collaborative practitioner who can partner with colleagues to develop strategic plans.
- Must be creative and able to lead the creation of high-quality content (images, video, audio, UCG, graphics, etc.).
- Proficient and highly competent with Microsoft Office software including SharePoint, Teams, and others.
- A self-starter that uses initiative to get the job done with speed and accuracy and is able to prioritize and clearly communicate priorities to stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with a media agency, TV ratins, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Managers, and various ad exchanges.
- Bilingual a plus
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include Job #1626 in the subject line.