Job #1625: VP of HR - Edison, NJ (6-8-21)
Job TitleVP of HR
The VP of Human Capital will partner with Human Resource staff, legal, and business leaders regarding compliance, policies, and procedures aligned with workforce strategies. The VP will be responsible for supporting various workforce programs/processes to manage compliance initiatives that focus on ensuring HR processes and documentation are meeting legislative requirements. The Incumbent will be conducting regular auditing, follow-up, and reporting on internal processes and procedures. The VP will have a key role in providing guidance to the organization on information and issues while protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Assessing Policy, Regulations, Employment Practices, Employment Law
- Delivering on Audit Findings, Reports, Metrics, and Policy Changes
- Recruiting, training and coaching on Policy, Regulations, Compliance Issues and Strategy
- Vocalizing and enforcing our core values and mission statement in a clear and consistent manner; serving as a firm and fair ambassador for our culture.
- Ensures HC processes and documentation are meeting internal business and legislative requirements
- Develops, recommends, implements, and revises human resource policies and procedures
- Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
- Coordinates and conducts audits on HR processes
- Keep up to date on Industry trends, regulations and employment law and make recommendations as needed in order to maintain compliance
- Researches and resolves issues related to legislative requirements for employment
- Responsible for interpreting and explaining federal, state/provincial laws, basic HR policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Lead various programs/process including but not limited to:
- Immigration policies and procedures
- Americas Disability Act (ADA) policies, procedures, and tracking including its interactions points with workers compensation, etc.
- Responsible for Affirmative Action Plans (AAP) understanding and action plans from findings
- Partner with the HR team to develop effective metrics and monitoring of outreach efforts in accordance with results
- Management of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) situations driving to resolution
- Ethics Hotline coordination, tracking and reporting
- Staffing contracts strategy and implementation
- Partner and provide guidance to Human Resources on various HR policies and procedures
- Develop and deliver training sessions related to various human resource programs and initiatives
- In order to deliver these responsibilities consistently, the VP of Human Capital will be held accountable to consistently provide:
- Monitor, auditing, and reporting
- Compliance metrics
- Support of Human Resources department
- The VP of Human Capital will be scheduled to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- The number of hours may increase during specific events or to meet other business needs.
- The VP of Human Capital may be required to travel up to 25% to visit stores, attend events and to lead, train or participate in meetings.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive human resources experience (HR, Talent Acquisition, Compliance, Workforce planning, Talent Management, and/or Compensation)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in U.S. workforce compliance experience; Canadian experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience relevant to managing EEO/AA compliance issues solutions
- SPHR/PHR certification preferred
- Working knowledge of federal, provincial, state human resource policies, procedures, laws, regulations, principles, and practices, especially those related to employee records, transactions and compliance
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and explain federal, provincial and state laws, basic HR policies, guidelines and procedures
- Established track record of success with partnering and effective interaction with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Americas Disability Act (ADA) programs preferred
- Ability to organize and follow-up with multiple tasks/details with accuracy and timeliness with a significant emphasis on attention to detail
- Capability to analyze information/data, make decision and articulate / present information
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with various human resource information systems (HRIS)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, oral, and writing skills
- Must be able to self-manage daily duties and time in a fast-paced, hectic, changing environment
- Strong work ethic, sense of ownership, and ability to work with confidential information
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include Job #1625 in the subject line.