Job #1624: Manager of Accounting - Rockleigh, NJ (6-8-21)
Job TitleManager of Accounting
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Manager of Accounting will be responsible for the review and analysis of balance sheet accounts, assisting with timely monthly and quarterly closings and preparation of schedules for quarterly reporting to the parent company. In addition, the manager position will be responsible for supervising the financial audit requests from Takasago Employees to KPMG for timely and accurate submission. Finally, the manager will be responsible for completion of monthly J-Sox control work within the group.
- Review and/or prepare general ledger account analysis and reconciliations. Assure that all accounts are properly reconciled, documented, approved and are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Recommend appropriate adjustments to accounts for approval by the Controller or VP of Finance.
- Review and approve accounting adjustments prepared by the Senior Accountants based on analysis of accounts or business processes.
- Prepare and record monthly standard and manual journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation for specific accounts, as necessary.
- Assure that all J-Sox controls supporting the integrity of the general ledger are in place, functioning and meet tests of design and effectiveness.
- Ensure business processes and related accounting transactions are optimized to reduce redundancies and risk of misstatements within Takasago and across the divisions.
- Manage the external auditors’ quarterly reviews and year-end audit “Prepared By Client” request list to ensure timely and accurate submission of documentation from Takasago Employees to KPMG Staff;
- Prepare reports, analyses and supporting schedules required for external and internal audits.
- Manage the monthly accounting close procedures including proper period end cutoff and closing schedule (CLOCO).
- Analyze Goods Received/Invoice Received (GRIR) quarterly to ensure that proper accrual exists for Raw Materials, Freight, and Customs.
- Compile Capital Investment Spent for Capital projects and review in comparison to Budget.
- Perform and assist reconciliation of Intercompany affiliates accounts for Sales, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Review International wires information and ensure company guidelines are in compliance prior to submittal for payment.
- Review FX transactions and perform FX Revaluation in SAP.
- Manage Accounts Payable staff and Accounting staff in day to day basis.
- Provide assistance to vendors and Takasago employees in regard to Tax Exemption forms and exemption guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling Fixed Asset Sub-ledger which includes
- Asset creation, transfers, disposals, depreciation, and impairments.
- Review of Purchase Requisitions entered by other departments related to Capital Spend projects and tracking internal order expenses according to budgets
- Maintaining and reconciliation of Construction-in-Progress accounts which involves communication with other departments on the status of open projects and confirming that monthly settlement processes are without errors
- Review Lease requests that should meet the necessary criteria required for capitalization under ASC 842, then setting up Capital Leases in LeaseQuery system and reconciliation of related accounts
- Assist in preparation of the quarterly Takasago Financial Reporting Package, the annual financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Various assignments, tasks and projects as assigned by the Controller or VP of Finance.
- Contribution as required and capable in the areas of Finance and Accounting during the local transition from SAP ECC 6.0 to the global implementation of SAP S/4HANA.
- Reports to the Controller.
- Interfaces with Vice President of Finance, Director of Planning and Analysis, Senior Financial Analyst, Internal Audit, External Auditors, various members of the senior management team and operating division personnel.
- This position supervises two professional staff and two accounts payable clerks.
- S. degree in Accounting required, MBA and / or CPA strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of general accounting and financial reporting experience. Public Accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel required. Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word is also required.
- Working knowledge of ERP software is required. SAP experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills required
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to David Strayton at DStrayton@takasago.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1624 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.