Job #1616: Controller - Princeton, NJ (5-14-21)
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as controller and strategic business advisor to our owners.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire bookkeeping, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
- Take care of the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Prepare the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance and Accounting Team Management
- Mentor and develop an effective and efficient team dynamic as needed.
- Oversee AP Department, manage payables, setup wires and ACHs for president’s approval.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Jeffrey Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1616 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email