Job #1615: Assistant Controller - White Plains, NY (5-14-21)
Job TitleAssistant Controller
Gryphon is seeking a Financial Controller to join our growing business intelligence firm. The successful candidate will fill a pivotal role in the company and report to the COO. This individual will oversee accounting functions of our multi-entity organization and lead the firm in several key financial and operational initiatives. This is a terrific opportunity for a public accounting manager looking to take the next step in their career and work in a fast-paced, supportive, family-friendly work environment.
Why work at Gryphon?
Gryphon is a 30 year old Westchester-based business intelligence firm. We work on due diligence matters, corporate investigations, litigation support and data mining for some of the largest financial institutions and law firms across the globe. We have experienced notable growth in the past five years and are continuing on that trajectory. Gryphon employees come from a wide range of cultural, educational and professional backgrounds and are smart, hardworking and team-oriented. Gryphon is based in White Plains, New York, a 30 minute train ride from Manhattan. We offer:
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus dependent upon performance
- Excellent benefits including comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- A 401(k) program with generous employer matching
- Work/life balance is prioritized, and remote work options are available
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Other great benefits such as paid parking, volunteer time off and gym reimbursement
- Work with accounting staff to guide day-to-day operations, weekly and monthly reports to COO and CEO
- Work on transition from NetSuite to NetSuite OneWorld and prepare worldwide consolidated accounting statements
- Assist in various acquisition efforts
- Coordinate with outside tax accountants and auditors
- Lead various operational initiatives
- 4-5 years of Accounting experience, preferably from a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm
- Bachelor’s or MBA in Accounting Knowledge of all aspects of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Experience in auditing multi-entity professional service organizations a plus
- Experience in acquisition accounting
- Experience with consolidations entries
- Ability to learn accounting systems quickly is a must, and proficiency in Netsuite,OneWorld and OpenAir is preferred
- Corporate tax knowledge a plus
- Understanding of sales tax nexus laws preferred
- Knowledge of payroll accounting and remote worker laws preferred
- 1-2 years management experience
- Strong ability to multi-task and operate under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented, with a high level of ethics and integrity
- Must be a fast learner and adaptable to different work styles CPA preferred
Diversity powers the intelligence at Gryphon.
At Gryphon, you will be welcomed and valued for who you are. Our insight is powered by a team of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, including compliance, law, data science, international studies, investigative journalism, accounting, business, and finance. With a team that is fluent in over 25 languages and our diverse backgrounds, cultures and perspectives, we are better positioned to provide valuable informed intelligence to our clients. At Gryphon, our differences are what set us apart.
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Josephine D'Ippolito at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1615 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.