Job #1614: Vice President, Internal Audit – Dublin, OH (5-14-21)
Job TitleVice President, Internal Audit
Vice President, Internal Audit
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The Vice President of Internal Audit serves as the audit executive and will be responsible for planning and executing financial, operational, and compliance audits to evaluate the Company’s internal controls, its adherence to company policies and procedures, and its compliance with applicable legal and regulatory standards. Additional responsibilities will include providing recommendations regarding internal control enhancements and identifying areas of opportunity for cost control and risk mitigation. This position will report directly to the Audit Committee for functional matters and to the CFO for administrative matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Audit Committee and Senior Leadership Business Partner: Provide timely and accurate input and recommendations and effectively communicate the results of Internal Audit’s activities to the Audit Committee and the Senior Leadership Team. Develop and maintain a value-added business partner relationship with all levels of management. Communicate the goals of internal audit and the benefits which the function can provide for compliance and process improvement. Build close working relationships and coordinate activities with other internal and external partners (compliance, legal, EHS, SOX group, external auditors and consultants, etc.) to ensure alignment with audit and enterprise risk assessment outcomes.
- Financial, Operational, and Compliance Audits: Establish and execute annual audit plans designed to evaluate the quality and adequacy of controls over operational aspects of business lines, IT operations, planning & forecasting, and other global operations, as well as compliance with laws and regulations. Establish quality assurance plan and testing of the company’s Controllership-owned SOX program. Oversee all aspects of operational and compliance internal audit project activities, which will include identifying emerging issues, risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report issuance, and issue remediation. Ensure audits are executed in accordance with department and professional standards in a timely and efficient manner. Provide consulting services as requested ln order to improve processes. Lead continuous improvement of overall internal audit processes.
- Enterprise Risk Assessment: Provide expertise and assist management in developing and refining its enterprise risk assessment and strategy that appropriately considers relevant and evolving business risks facing the company. Develop Audit Plan based upon the enterprise risk assessment outcomes for approval by Audit Committee. Jointly with the General Counsel, maintain monitoring and enforcement policies relating to legal compliance, ethics, conflicts of interest, and use of corporate funds. In close connection with global IT and Legal, partner to define risk management mitigation in the areas of cyber security, privacy and other evolving risk management areas.
- External Audit Support: Provide assistance and direction in the completion of the annual audit and quarterly reviews. Help determine proper mlx of external and internal resources to achieve goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Employee Development (Domestic and International): Build an internal Audit Team, and lead, develop and coach employees in order to retain high performing and engaged talent through focused attention and effort. Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business. Manage performance issues when necessary. Work with employees on their career development plans.
- Oversee ad-hoc investigations and special audits as required.
- Global Internal Audit Department
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 15+ years of business experience with a track record of accomplishments in a senior internal audit role with a publicly traded company (global experience required) and/or at a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm required.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to James Perduto at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1614 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.