Job #1613: Vice President, Investor Relations - Boulder, CO (5-14-21)
Job TitleVice President, Investor Relations
SalaryCompetitive Base + Bonus + Equity
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe. Come explore the possibilities in our exciting, fast paced, high volume, work environment!
The Vice President Investor Relations is responsible for the overall leadership of the company's communication and relationships with investors, analysts, and the larger investor community. The VP IR will play an integral role in a growth and mission driven environment, building on his/her ability to impact and influence as an advisor to Senior Management. He/she will create and execute a proactive investor relations program. He/she will have overall responsibility for the strategic planning and ongoing development of all investor relations activities with the aim of increasing shareholder value and enhancing Covetrus’ image within the investor community.
- Strategically plan, execute, and manage the investor relations program
- Refine processes and systems to build a well-regarded investor relations function
- This will involve developing a detailed knowledge of Covetrus’ mission, business, building and implementing an investor targeting plan to support the company's strategy, and managing various key investor events, investor conferences, annual shareholder meetings, and earnings calls
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing close working relationships with the investors' community.
- Regularly meet with investors and articulate the Company's mission, business, and strategy
- Develop and implement a clear communications strategy which is consistent across all aspects of external and internal communications and which is integrated within the corporate communications strategy
- Provide timely and consistent communication regarding Covetrus's mission, strategy, and operational and financial objectives, as well as establishing realistic expectations for the company's short term and long-term performance
- Maintain strong company and animal health/technology industry expertise
- Monitor and assess changes and trends in investment markets and determine appropriate strategy.
- Continually gather, monitor, and report on marketplace intelligence and inform, educate and coach company management about financial and industry trends, shareholder interests & concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the Company.
- Provide internal and external audiences with an accurate and timely view of the Company's performance and outlook.
- Develop and implement a proactive investor communications strategy and narrative, in coordination with Covetrus's Leadership Team, ensuring that the Company's mission, business strategy, and progress is understood by the analyst and investor community.
- Develop shareholder targeting analytics and implement plan for engaging shareholders
- Lead industry benchmarking that could include key messaging, level of disclosures and presentation formats
- Serve as an advisor to the CFO, CEO, and other senior leaders on topics involving the public distribution of financial information and other material disclosures.
- Ensure an effective two-way communication between investors and the Company
- Develop a clear understanding of different investor styles and focus areas.
- Prepare executive management for investor events, trade shows, and earnings calls
- Accompany and support senior executives at investor conferences and be a resource for information
- Own and prepare corporate presentations and key investor messages by partnering with multiple functional groups
- Develop strong internal working relationships with Marketing, Sales, Finance and other functions
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 10 or more years of experience in Investor relations
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and translation of strategic objectives, financial and operational plans into external messaging
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal communications, and business writing skills
- Capable of independently writing clear and concise documents & presentations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to be tactical and strategic
- The candidate will have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and be able to be highly productive in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- This position offers broad exposure to all aspects of the Company's business, as well as significant interaction with all senior business leaders
- A proven track record of leading a best-in-class investor relations program on a global level, building a strong investor relations strategy with nimble resources
- Experience in successfully transforming an IR strategy
- Demonstrated financial knowledge of capital structure, accounting, profitability measures, and operating metrics
- Impeccable integrity and judgment skills, to be able to deal with sensitive financial information and make recommendations to the CEO and CFO
- Demonstrated success in building and elevating analyst coverage in a continued corporate growth environment
- An outstanding, highly-articulate, creative and persuasive communicator; a thought partner to the CEO and CFO and continuously strive to improve the investor story Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an eye for details
- Ability to work with cross-functional/multi-cultural teams. A high standard of integrity and ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Advanced degree such as M.S. in Business Management, Operations, Finance, or related field is preferred.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to James Perduto at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1613 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.