Job #1611: Director of Accounting (Shared Services) – Central New Jersey, NJ (5-14-21)
Job TitleDirector of Accounting (Shared Services)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Our client is a global healthcare services company. The Accounting Director position will play a pivotal role in supporting our Client’s growth strategy. This position oversees the areas of Cash Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll. Leads, motivates, and develops a team of professionals to accomplish goals while enhancing employee engagement, development, inclusion, and diversity. Provides leadership and directly leads a team of professional direct reports and indirectly manages a team of over 25 employees.
- Responsible for the full people management process of hiring, firing, training, retention, performance management, coaching for employee development, etc.
- Establish performance indicators that measure processes and work volumes
- Build and cultivate business relationships with customers and various stakeholders, while implementing process to achieve high levels of customer service.
- Drives a continuous improvement mindset to implement improvements leading towards operational or systems enhancement, policy or procedural changes
- Evaluates current systems, and recommends and develops operating efficiency improvements, analyze complex and sometimes limited data sets to identify patterns indicative of system/configuration issues
- Manage banking relationships, maintain cash position for all divisions (including daily payments set-up and approvals, monthly intercompany funds transfers, bank accounts creation and set-up, user maintenance and set-up)
- Primary local contact with banking relation managers
- Oversee the daily operations of the treasury department and ensure that all corporate/departmental policies, procedures and standards are followed within the team.
- Develop and implement proper policies and procedures within the Treasury Department
- Oversee Bank Reconciliations for three divisions, Oversee AMEX and Master Card programs for employees and company credit cards
- Manage strategic projects supporting business unit needs i.e. transition of new acquisitions and conversions into accounts payable, receivable and payroll systems
- Oversee the month-end process and reconciliation of all sub ledgers (AP, AR)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Required, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years managing in a shared services environment in accounting/treasury
- Responsible for multiple functional areas within a finance team
- 5+ years supervising/leading a team
- Demonstrated leadership in developing strong relationships with team members, leaders, and business partners across geographies and time zones
- Highly engaged with a strong commitment to developing team members and fostering a high performing team mindset.
- Strong will to win, a self-starter, strategic thinker, and process improvement champion
- Superior critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and manage multiple projects
- Positive can-do attitude with a strong work ethic and intellectually curious
- Effective in working independently yet collaborate with colleagues to improve and find solutions that benefit organization
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Howard Honig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1611 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.