Job #1607: Accountant - NYC, NY (5-10-21)
SalaryUp to $70,000
Family Office Accountant
Seeking an accountant who will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and treasury functions including administrative tasks for multiple entities owned by the family. This is a great opportunity for an accounting professional who is driven to support the CFO and the Accounting team of a privately held and established Family Office.
- Perform daily download of prior day’s cash transactions from bank websites to review and reconcile current cash balances
- Update general ledgers for financial transactions for the Family Members, Trusts, Private Foundations and Investment Entities
- Perform treasury functions including opening new accounts and setting up wire instructions with different financial institutions
- Reconcile monthly bank/brokerage account statements, including downloading/filing online statements and/or tax documents from websites
- Perform various ad-hoc and/or administrative functions, including printing checks
- Gathering vendor information and the preparation of Form 1099s
- Assist with preparing and compile year-end book workpapers and supporting schedules for internal Tax Team, including 1099 reconciliations
- Assist the CFO and the Accounting team with various accounting related duties
- 1-3 years of public/private accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred or in progress
- Knowledge of Accounting softwares (Asset Vantage, QuickBooks, Quicken and Peachtree)
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, (Access a plus)
- Ability to work and interact with other teams within the Company
- Able to work independently and as part of a small team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with high attention to detail
The Company is located in mid-town Manhattan and offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan and work/life balance.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Theresa Altobelli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1607 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.