Job #1604:CFO - Sarasota, FL (4-30-21)
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Client is looking for a controller / CFO who has experience in hospitality industry. The candidate should be able to work in a very entrepreneurial environment. The company is growing rapidly through acquisitions of hotels located throughout the U.S. Responsibilities include preparation of financial statements, forecasts, budgets, profit and loss statements, and compliance reports. The individual will be responsible for collections, billing, and payroll. This executive is responsible for current accounting standards and federal and state regulatory requirements.
Some of the day-to-day functions will include:
- Implement organizational policies and procedures to ensure internal controls are in place and followed
- Prepare financial information and forms for tax compliance needs
- Review and approve annual budgets and projections
- Capital Budgeting and Variance Reporting
- Strong Cash Management skills
- Managing and overseeing liquidity requirements by entity for operations and construction
- Overseeing banking relationships, including managing lines of credit, mortgages, and margin accounts, and all borrowing requirements of the organization
- Managing fund flows for investments and fund documentation
- Reviewing and developing regular reporting tools for the family to understand liquidity, asset allocation and cash flow
- Being responsible for oversight of all financial activity including, reconciling accounts, forecasting cash, and preparing financial statements
- Producing daily, monthly, and quarterly investment reports
- Closely scrutinize funds transfer and cash disbursement protocols within the organization
- Maintain external relationships with banking and insurance executives outside of the organization
- Experience with business acquisition
- Experience with financial oversight of real estate renovation and construction projects
- Review and oversight of procurement process for hotel operations and construction projects
- Identifying areas for cost efficiency and effectiveness related to third party vendors
- Monitors the capital expenditures and asset deployment activities and allocation of costs associated with these expenditures
- Participates in maintaining ongoing relationship with outside accounting and outsourcing firm
- Supports GM in the management of the hotel and in providing insightful forecast and analytical review
- A proven track record of executing complex projects and supporting firm-wide initiatives.
Job and Educational Requirements
Individual is required to be a Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), and thus hold undergraduate degrees in accounting or a related field.
The CFO should be capable of working to grow and build the financial acumen of the team and to ensure business goals and initiatives are met or exceeded.
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Deborah Friedland at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1604 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.