Job #1604: Controller/Accounting Manager - King of Prussia, PA (5-3-21)
Salary$80,0000- $90,000 + Benefits + Bonus
Stand Alone Accountant/Controller
The client is a well-capitalized, privately held, multifaceted real estate company headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania who specializes in opportunistic acquisitions, market-driven development, and hands-on management of multifamily, retail and office-use properties located throughout Pennsylvania
They are looking to hire an individual to serve as their Stand Alone Accountant. The right person will be a strong leader who will assess and develop our accounting policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate accounting functions within our real estate divisions
- Act as a strategic business partner to ownership and other divisional leaders to ensure accounting practices meet acceptable standards and that financial reporting is accurate and timely and liaison with our outside CPA firm.
- Create, and implement and oversee policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate to ensure financial and regulatory compliance.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to monthly bank statements on a timely basis.
- Analyze and evaluate financial performance of the company regarding short and long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts, and provide reports to management as per protocol.
- Manage the monthly close process, including posting of journal entries and reconciliations and the preparation of the monthly and fiscal year-end financial statements.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity, standardization and consistency of the balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, performance indicators and other financial information, which are distributed to ownership.
- Coordinate and maintains record for rapid remote deposits, cash deposits, credit card payments, and returned checks.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Perform in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Manage and insure timely accounts payables and receivables for all properties and companies.
Your background and experience:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance.
- Five -Ten years of progressive accounting experience leading to a director role.
- Experience in a real estate company strongly preferred.
- Leadership and business acumen.
- Expert level problem solver and analytical.
- Ability to take complex data and find the key metrics.
- Leasing and/or construction experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic and integrity required.
- Experience leading and developing an accounting team that works collaboratively to accomplish all goals and meet all deadlines with efficacy.
- Confident, Strong Leader
- Good Values
- Strong Work Ethic
- Honest, Trustworthy, Respect for others
- Ability to talk with Retail Tenants, Potential Tenants, Property Managers, Team/Division Leaders as well as Staff, Owner and Outside Vendors
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Kenny Dubin at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1604 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.