Job #1596: Director of Accounting - Orlando, FL (4-9-21)
Job TitleDirector of Accounting
Salary$170,000 - $200,000
Reports to: CAO
Direct Reports: 10 (Treasury, Head of Payments, Consolidations, and GL)
Reason for the open position: The current Director of Accounting was moved into a different role and they are looking to backfill and upgrade
The CAO is envisioning someone that is very technical. Someone capable of delivering results. Wants to see substance behind their resume. Ideal would be a candidate would be a good foundation in Big 4 and progressed on the industry side with large organizations. The right candidate must be open to growing because this role has a clear runway to the next level as the CAO is looking for someone that can take over his role as he continues to move up. Solid closing experience, international and corporate consolidations, 10 plus years as a leader, extensive experience of U.S.GAAP including experience with technical accounting topics: ASC 606, 805, 810, 842 and 860. Proficiency is SAP is highly preferred, advanced EXCEL skills.
Oversee accounting and reporting, including the reporting systems. Assist in enhancement of accounting policies/processes/ controls and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, mentor and develop team
- Manage preparation of consolidated and combined financial statements.
- Manage monthly accounting close/consolidation, including reporting of financials
- Manage execution of internal/ external audits - lead and manage the external audit engagement relationship and coordination with subsidiary audits
- Assist in development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls (i.e. SOX).
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Thinks strategically, creatively and drives innovation with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist with driving the implementation of new accounting guidance throughout region.
- Proactive critical thinker – ability to foresee potential risks and challenges within transactions and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Manage local accounting operations including A/P, T&E coordination, Fixed Assets, R2R, limits of authority and other strategic projects.
- Collaborate with business unit controllers and commercial finance team to determine the accounting impact for transactions under consideration.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve business results through the enhancement of process and technology.
- 7+ years in management of accounting staff with oversight of the entire accounting cycle
- CPA and Accounting/Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- At least nine (9) years accounting experience
- Public Accounting and / or large company experience (experience with long-term construction contracts and services arrangements).
- Extensive understanding of U.S. GAAP including with experience with the following technical accounting topics: ASC 606, ASC 805, ASC 810, ASC 842 and ASC 860.
- Must have experience with closing books and consolidations for a $1B+ international multidivisional business
- Proficient in use of SAP, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism in dealing with various levels in the organization
- Able to effectively manage and lead through change.
- Able to effectively manage challenging topic/discussions with upper management and peers
- Able to simplify complex concepts/situations to make them broadly understandable and actionable
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to John Karas at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1596 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.