Job #1594: Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager - Boca Raton, FL (4-6-21)
Job TitleFinancial Accounting & Reporting Manager
National Securities Corporation, (“NSC” or “Company”), offers brokerage services to retail, high net worth and institutional clients, securities trading, investment banking, merger, acquisition and advisory services, and is member of FINRA/SIPC. Along with National Asset Management, an investment advisory firm, National Insurance Corporation and National Tax and Financial Services, Inc., a tax and accounting service provider, are all registered with the SEC, and (collectively, “Affiliates”), all wholly owned by National Holdings Corporation, (“NHLD”).
The Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager, will be responsible for reviewing accounting records, analyzing the data for specific reports, and creating required reports for upper management, adhering to internal and external deadlines. This position may also provide support in the same capacity for Company’s affiliates:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaboratively work on producing all financial reporting deliverables for the Company including but not limited to monthly reports for financial statements, and operating reports, as well as ad hoc financial reporting requests and analyses.
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations. Collect pertinent information necessary to analyze complex problems, formulate sound solutions, and implement those solutions.
- Responsible for the facilitation and management of the annual audit, quarterly financial reviews and SOX review
- Oversees the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provisions, quarterly estimated tax payments, tax return extensions and federal and state tax returns
- Responsible for the management of the entity valuation and acquisition due diligence work
- Maintain documentation of supporting schedules and analysis for quarterly and year-end deliverables
- Review key business processes to ensure proper financial reporting controls and compliance with SEC, GAAP and corporate policies and procedures
- Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job
Minimum Position Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: University graduation in an applicable field
Licenses: Not required
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of directly related experience
Other Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues
- Broker dealer experience highly preferred
- Experience in business combinations highly preferred.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of FINRA Regulatory rules and the securities industry as it relates to the position
- In-depth knowledge of office and accounting technology systems, procedures, and process requirements
- Strong knowledge of firms’ practices, procedures, and familiarity with industry concepts
- Highly organized and proactive; ability to consistently meet deadlines and respond timely in matters of significance
- Excellent problem resolution skills; ability to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Natalia Watson at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1594 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.