Job #1591: CFO/Controller - NJ (4-5-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
The Controller/Chief Financial Officer will direct and oversee the financial activities of the company,
while building and maintaining effective relationships with and reporting to various banks and other
Reports to: President
• Maintain the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Administer banking arrangements and loan agreements on behalf of the company.
• Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and staff is cross trained within their specific accounts
receivable, reporting and/or accounts payable functions.
• Oversee timely and accurate financial reporting for each division and for the Company as a whole,
ensuring company compliance with financial regulations and standards.
• Produce annual filings and be an active participant in the Company’s corporate governance practices.
• Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Respond to inquiries regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Development & implementation of new procedures & features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Manage capital and budgeting process, establishing an economic strategy to plan and implement stability and growth.
• Prepare strategic plans, forecasts and projections related to acquisition targets and development projects.
• Maintain responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal,
property management, deal analysis and negotiations, and financing.
• Formulate financial, tax and risk management strategies for the Company.
• Ensure covenant compliance and reporting.
• Preparation of annual audit financial statements and tax returns, including primary contact for independent accounting firms.
• Understand and mitigate the key elements of the company’s risk profile.
• Participate in company policy development related to finance.
• Participate in New Business Presentations with other members of the Executive Team.
• Ensures the integrity of fiscal data while modeling transparency and accountability.
• Preparation of Association and Company Financials monthly and performs other duties as assigned or required. •Oversees Accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
• Works with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
Essential Skills & Education/Experience Requirements
• Certified Public Accountant designation required
• Bachelor of Accounting or Finance
• Experience in Financial Management, Accounts payable and receivable
• Excellent organizational/multitasking skills
• Detail oriented and organized individual
• Knowledge of Property Management Accounting Systems and proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft applications
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Working knowledge of TOPS Property Management Software a plus
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Meredith Graham at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1591 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.