Job #1590: CFO - PA (4-2-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
The CEO and periodically the Board of Directors. The Chief Financial Officer will direct his/her own internal staff including the VP Finance/Controller, Junior Accountant(s), Human Resources and other professionals and consultants, as well as those responsible for producing annual audit, tax and other compliance documents and reports.
LOCATION: The role is based at the Arlen Specter US Squash Center – US Squash Headquarters
ORGANIZATION AND ENVIRONMENT:
US Squash is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which serves as the only national governing body and membership organization for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Philadelphia, it is a member of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the Pan American Squash Federation and the World Squash Federation. In pursuing its mission, US Squash serves as the most forceful advocate. In that role, the organization:
Creates, models, and advocate for initiates that increase access to the sport for all ages, abilities, races and socioeconomic backgrounds; grow programs that encourage communities and players countrywide to enjoy squash, facilitates competition and encourage healthy lifestyles; invests in the necessary infrastructure to support the growth and development of the sport; selects, organize and fund all Team USA Squash competition international; provides direct financial support to the best American athletes; ensures the availability of training, development, certification and continuing educational opportunities; recognizes leaders in the community who demonstrate the qualities the sport values, and honor the game’s history.
Multiple subentities including the rights holder of the internally developed Club Locker software, the entities responsible holding the lease and development rights for the Arlen Specter US Squash Center, and other various entities are all used to conduct operations.
US Squash is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (”CFO”) with a track record of organizing a growing organization to meet future expansion. The CFO is responsible for aligning financial reserves with the mission and vision of the organization and for and identifying concrete ways to engage in increasing financial reserves and cost-savings, such that US Squash develops into a financially stable, sustainable organization able to consistently to advantage of the opportunities before it and meet its long term goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide oversight for and manage all US Squash and departmental budgets, forecasts and internal financial plans and processes;
- Support accounting, general ledger and operations functions, ensuring that systems are in place to guarantee timely and accurate reporting;
- Drive best financial practices within US Squash by publicizing standard operating procedures, keeping the senior leadership team,
- Board and staff up-to-date on the organization’s financial status and by generally serving as a point of reference for all growth plans, resources and projections;
- Serve as internal consultant to the CEO, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders on all financial matters, making recommendations and suggesting proactive strategies to maintain and grow the resources required to operate and grow;
- Review short and long-term goals in light of existing and projected financial resources available and create data-based long and short term goals, budgets and forecasts;
- Explore and suggest ways to invest reserves and resources to generate passive income;
- Participate in all internal planning regarding US Squash’s proposed program expansion, to ensure alignment with financial projections;
- Establish annual priorities and benchmarks and conduct regular reporting, measuring projections against actual performance;
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed to monitor, evaluate and optimize cash-flow and liquidity;
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the Finance & Investment and Audit & Risk Committees;
- Oversee and manage Human Resources and administration functions for the organization;
- Coordinate and manage vendors and policies related to all insurance coverage needs related to the organization;
- Build relationships with banks, donors, vendors, outside consultants and others as needed to keep close to US Squash’s major expenditures and sources of revenue;
- Utilize technology to optimize all reporting and analytical functions;
- Ensure that US Squash meets critical regulatory and legal compliance benchmarks;
- Keep up with new trends in the financial industry by attending conferences, participating in professional development and sharing this information with the senior leadership team;
- Build a top-tier internal finance team by actively recruiting, training and developing talented accountants, analysts, consultants, auditors, tax planners and payroll staff, as needed.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Management,
- MBA preferred CPA required; top accounting firm experience preferred
- At least 5 years' senior financial leadership experience More than 10 years' experience total accounting/finance experience
- Experience at integrating IT/Systems to improve accounting productivity and accuracy
- Experience at working with external auditors, compliance and regulatory oversight
- Outstanding problem-solving ability and experience in change management
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Office Suite, familiarity with software such as Salesforce, Quickbooks and Sage/MIP.
US Squash is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Kevin Klipstein at email@example.com .Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1590 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.