Job #1578: Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (3-12-21)
Job TitleSenior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
SalaryCommensurate with experience
As a Senior Manager, FP&A you will work closely with business and finance leaders to develop financial models for both short and long term business and financial goals, evaluate new business opportunities, and drive strategic business initiatives to support growth of the business. You’ll play a critical role in executing and monitoring the budgeting and forecasting processes.
This includes overseeing reporting and functional budget management, helping define and monitor KPIs, and develop critical business analyses to inform leadership decision making. This role requires a self-starter with strong financial modeling abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail and ability to dive-deep, and someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
The successful candidate will have shown experiences in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role also has regular interaction with senior leaders and various business units and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, this role requires strong business sense and capability to independently drive business partnerships.
Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, reports to: VP, Finance and has no direct reports.
- Support growth of the business by evaluating and understanding customer needs and value drivers, supporting strategic initiatives, and forecasting high impact growth strategies.
- Partner with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to anticipate business requirements, trends, and variances; develop action plans and measurable financial objectives; measure and analyze initiatives and results; identify and drive growth and improvement opportunities.
- Lead and own the budget and forecasting process including, planning, communication, training, modeling and analyzing submissions.
- Evaluate financial performance and analyze actual results with forecasts, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop financial models that support the needs of the business strategy.
- Identify and drive process/system improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and dashboards.
- Manage financial and operational performance metrics for the business.
- Create content and reporting for board meetings.
- Create and maintain business unit P&L and KPI reporting.
- Uphold and enforce an environment of strong financial controllership
- 7+ years of experience in a FP&A or corporate planning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA preferred
- Proven experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Experience with Intacct and other tools such as Adaptive or Tableau Advanced/Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in a Lean Agile environment Analytic financial modeling skills Solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic, approach to decision making
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives Independent and entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrating the ability to work with minimal direction
Interested Friends of the Firm members can apply via link below: