Job #1572: Controller - New York (3-8-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
CCS Fundraising is an international strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. For seven decades, CCS has empowered many of the world’s greatest organizations across sectors to advance some of the most important causes in history. We plan, manage, and implement programs and initiatives that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact.
CCS provides tailored support to more than 500 nonprofit organizations annually. With over 300 professionals and offices throughout the United States and Europe, we have the capacity to help local and international organizations achieve outstanding results.
Our services include:
- Campaign Management
- Strategy, Evaluation & Planning
- Interim Development Management
- Learning & Leadership Development
- Data Analytics
Understanding the Role
Our people are our greatest strength. The collective sum of the individual experiences, backgrounds, knowledge, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation of excellence. At CCS, you will join a diverse team of smart, passionate, and resourceful professionals who are driven by purpose and committed to performance.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will interact with the Finance/Accounting and Operations teams by playing a critical role in providing day-to-day transactional accounting, monthly closings, and monthly/quarterly/year-end financial reporting and analysis. With a keen view of Controllership as a governing principle of culture throughout the organization, additional core responsibilities will include: accurate and timely entry of financial data, ensuring transparent and consistent review of all expenditures, assisting with payroll functions, preparing prompt, accurate, and actionable financial reports, system administration, ad-hoc reporting, and cash management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage daily processes around Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger accounting
- Interface with Human Resources for detailed and accurate payroll and benefits accounting, with an emphasis on allocation of resources across firm-wide projects.
- Work with, lead, and develop department staff
- Deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting on a 10-day schedule and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Assist with annual budget and forecast preparation and analysis
- Participate in the creation and analysis of monthly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting as well as all fixed asset and intangible asset reporting
- Prepare tax/compliance documentation in coordination with outside tax consultants
- Continuously evaluate, update, and enhance internal controls, policy documentation, and financial processes and procedures
- Drive for organizational efficiencies; create, manage, and adapt new processes
- Assist with and oversee external audit processes including preparation of schedules, footnotes, and ad hoc analysis.
- Special projects as needed including transaction support, debt facility compliance, and relationship management with external resources
Outstanding candidates will bring exceptional experience and an unfettered commitment to curiosity. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required
- 10+ years public/private accounting experience
- Ability to provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the firm
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to CCS’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO the responsibility for accounting
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, and general ledger
- Technology savvy with advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software; NetSuite system experience a plus
- Partnership tax exposure a plus
- Strong Excel skills required
- Experience in foreign currency translation and transfer pricing preferred
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior leadership
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
This position will be located in New York City. Please note that administrative functions of the firm are currently operating 100% remote. Plans related to a return to the office are evolving.
CCS offers a competitive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Edward Van Saders at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1572 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.