Job #1566: Senior Accountant - NYC, NY (3-1-21)
Job TitleSenior Accountant
Large Single Multi-Generational Family office seeking a Senior Accountant.
The ideal senior level accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and treasury functions including administrative tasks for multiple entities owned by the family. This is a great opportunity for an accounting professional who is driven, has successfully interacted with different levels of senior management and wants to contribute to the continued growth of a Company.
- Assist the CFO with various accounting related and financial reporting duties
- Maintain the general ledgers and journal entries for Corporations, Trusts, Individuals, Investment Partnerships and Private Foundations
- Responsible for Cost/Tax Basis accounting and recording of K-1 activity
- Maintain Member/Partner Capital Account Allocations and IRR calculations
- Responsible for preparation/input/recording of capital calls and distributions, analyzing member’s accounts on an ongoing basis to ensure proper funding available
- Perform treasury functions including opening new accounts with different financial institutions
- Reconcile monthly bank/brokerage statements , including downloading/filing online bank statements and/or tax documents from bank websites
- Prepare and compile year-end book workpapers and supporting schedules for internal Tax Team, including 1099 reconciliations
- Manage/reconcile aircraft expenses on a monthly basis for billing
- Perform daily download of prior day’s cash transactions from bank websites
- Perform various ad-hoc and/or administrative functions
- Ability to work and interact with other teams within the Company
- Ability to multi-task, strong team player, detail oriented
- Ability to analyze information
- Able to work independently and know when to escalate findings to the appropriate level of management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 6+ years of public/private accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, (Access a plus)
- Knowledge of Accounting software (Peachtree, Quickbooks, Quicken, Asset Vantage)
- Highly organized with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables to meet deadlines
The Company is located in mid-town Manhattan and offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan and work/life balance.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Theresa Altobelli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1566 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.