Job #1565: Tax Manager - NYC, NY (3-1-21)
Job TitleTax Manager
Large Single Multi-Generational Family office in NYC seeking a Tax Manager.
The ideal senior level tax professional is a high-performance individual with strong experience with private client services (personal taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation, charitable taxation, and flow through entity taxation). This senior level tax professional will be responsible for managing all tax activities for multiple trusts and entities owned by the family. This is a great opportunity for a tax professional who has successfully learned all aspects of tax to work closely with our accounting and investments team.
- Review complex federal and multi-state tax returns for high net-worth individuals
- Prepare grantor, complex and charitable trust tax returns.
- Prepare partnership tax returns for Real estate and Private Equity Funds including the preparation of foreign Forms such as Form 926, 5471,8821, 8865, 8858 etc.
- Prepare tax returns for Private Foundations
- Prepare projections and manage estimated and extension tax payments
- Analyze tax data and tax projections
- Maintain tax database and the workflow to ensure all deadlines are met
- Gather, organize and review tax workpapers.
- Prepare miscellaneous tax filing such as NY IT-204-LL’s, CA filing fees etc.
- Address all correspondence from IRS and state tax authorities
- Keep CFO informed with tax-compliance issues and work-flow
- Communicate and worth with various outside accounting firm teams
- Ensure tax procedures set in place are adhered to and update as needed
- Pro-active approach toward all family tax matters
- Working with investment team to discuss the tax consequence of investments.
- 10+ years of tax experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or MST, EA or CPA a plus
- Must have experience in Partnership, Trust and Individual Tax
Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, (Access a plus)
- Must be proficient in GoSystems Tax RS
- Knowledge of Accounting software (QuickBooks and Quicken) a plus but not required
Highly organized with high attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task and work with multiple competing deadlines
- Must have good work ethic and be able to work independently
The Company is located in mid-town Manhattan and offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan and work/life balance.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Theresa Altobelli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1565 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.