Job #1564: Senior Manager/Controller - Fully Remote (2-26-21)
Job TitleSenior Manager/Controller
SalaryAt par with industry standards
If you like varied work and a mix of project and ongoing functions, this is the role for you. If flexibility,
variability, autonomy, responsibility, leadership, and the ability to work virtually are musts for you, then
this is the role for you. You get the mix of the variability of consulting without the grueling travel
Eventus exists to support finance teams of midsize and rapidly growing public and private firms with
fractional resources. Fundamentally, our clients have the exact same finance needs and requirements
for quality as large firms. What they don’t have is the same transaction volume. Therefore, they can’t
justify hiring the full-stack, full-time finance and accounting teams they need to achieve the level of
quality demanded. This inevitably leads to unmet needs and extra stress.
Over ten years, we’ve built our business by getting our hands dirty and playing a key role in our clients’
financial operations to solve this problem. We can support the entire back-office from basic accounting
to providing CFO leadership and or aiding the SEC reporting and listing process. We add value by
providing flexibility - the right person (or people) with the right expertise for the job, at the right price.
And we do it with a planning process that makes sure clients "measure twice and cut once" ensuring
Senior Mangers perform a critical function at Eventus. They need to be able to own an entire Financial
Operations engagement with little to no oversight. Usually the role entails being the Controller of
multiple public and private companies. Independence, leadership, problem solving, and teamwork are
essential traits in Senior Managers.
• Project Management – ability to lead and own an entire project and manage multiple work
streams and people who do not necessarily report directly to you
• Communication – Excellent communication skills both verbal and written that are clear and
concise. An ability to keep the Eventus team as well as the client informed of what is going on
without overburdening people with detail
• Leadership and Ownership – A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both
independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty. Eventus
and the client depend on you to own all the deliverables and the project itself. You are the first
and last line of defense.
• Multiple Project Management – most Senior Managers are on multiple engagements, and must
be able to manage all deadlines and deliverables and ensure that there is proper planning,
resource allocation, and backup to prevent resource conflicts and bottlenecks
• Problem Solving - Strong problem-solving skills identifying and resolving complex issues in an
effective and time sensitive pace
• Interpersonal Skills and Collaboration - Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record as a
collaborative partner who drives for results
• Detail orientation - Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
• A minimum of seven years’ progressively responsible experience in finance, private accounting
and/or public accounting with at least 3 years in a team leadership capacity (note – you do not need all three types of experience)
• Minimally 3 years as a Controller of a private or public company
• “Owned” a month close and full accounting operation
• Managed a company through an audit
• Advanced knowledge and experience with systems implementations to drive process improvement and scale
• A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
• Proven track record of working closely with all major functional leaders across the organizational landscape.
• Experience doing all of the “Responsibilities” of a Senior Manager/Controller
• Own the entire Accounting Function of a Company
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Manage various accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting,Inventory
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• The ability to manage financial and banking activities including compliance and audits
• The ability to develop, evolve, communicate and manage a timely and efficient month-end andyear-end close process
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and taxfilings
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengtheninternal controls
• Prepare appropriate variance analysis
• Accounting and Revenue Recognition
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Additional controller duties as necessary
Education and Knowledge Requirements:
• Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
• CPA in good standing, but license can be non-active
• Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, ability to learn new software quickly
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge across multiple industries
Need to be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1564 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.