Job #1562: CFO - NY (2-25-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Location: New York
Team Size: 7 people globally
Position Summary: Following significant asset growth and strong performance, a boutique Credit focused Investment Manager is seeking a CFO to join a high-caliber team with plenty of ambition. The business is growing rapidly so they are looking for a candidate who wants to be challenged. The person will work alongside of a Head of Operations/ CCO and Head of Business in the New York office handling both external and internal financial reporting and management for the firm.
- Take over monthly NAV and quarterly reporting process for two hedge funds and Private Credit fund.
- Improve internal and external financial reporting and tax optimization across three sub-advisor entities.
- Ensure timely and accurate performance and attribution reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Cash management and payment processing.
- Collaborate with the team on business initiatives, including evaluation of organizational priorities and structure and on firm-wide operational initiatives and systems improvements.
- Assist in addressing any investor, press and regulatory inquiries.
- Participate in investor and counterparty due diligence meetings.
- Active member of internal operating committees, including valuation, IT, business continuity, risk management and cyber security.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong knowledge and command of all financial, and regulatory requirements of the firm.
- Deep understanding of all financial, financing, and structuring aspects of the alternative investment business, including operations, cash, carried interest, costs, hedging, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of partnership, corporate and international accounting issues.
- Ability to ensure/supervise compliance with international, federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Experience across complex asset classes, fund structures (both on and offshore), investment strategies and instruments.
- Quantitative, analytic focus; comfortable with complex financial issues and offering advice soundly grounded in facts and logic.
- Excellent communication and personnel management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across the firm, including all operational and investing groups, on complex projects.
- Immediately credible and respected amongst their peers and the broader financial community.
- Hands-on approach to daily business management and problem resolution; detail oriented, responsive and proactive. Fosters clarity, transparency, consistency, and widespread understanding across the business.
- Proven record of leading the development and enhancement of systems and processes to meet the demands of a complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong accounting pedigree, CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Unquestioned ethics and high integrity.
- Strong intellectual horsepower.
- Clear stature and gravitas to win the confidence of professionals around the firm and in the department.
- The ability to balance decisiveness and consensus; highly collaborative, curious and creative.
- A record of confident leadership, sound judgment, creativity and commitment to achieving excellence.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Confident but humble.
- High energy and a strong work ethic.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Michelle Kelner at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1562 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.