Job #1558: Senior Accountant - Poughkeepsie, NY (2-17-21)
Job TitleSenior Accountant
Salary$100,000 + bonus
Prestigious family office located in the beautiful Hudson Valley looking to add a Senior Accountant to the team. This individual must have 5+ years of experience working in a professional corporate setting with a demonstrated ability to be detail oriented, meticulous and organized. Must be discrete and able to handle sensitive information appropriately and liaise with colleagues, outside accountants and banking partners effectively. Strong background in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office package required. In return we offer a stable and secure quality of life working environment, a rich benefits package and the opportunity for growth.
Own and perform bookkeeping and accounting activities for family members, trusts and small business entities, including:
- Performing bank and credit card reconciliations
- Entering cash, payable / receivable and mark-to-market journal entries
- Updating fixed assets schedules
- Archiving bank / broker and investment related supporting statements
- Monthly closing and quarterly financial reporting
- Assisting the team with the execution and administration of the principals’ alternative asset portfolio and outside investments.
- Assisting the Treasurer in preparing tax estimates, tax work papers for outside tax accountants and tracking the receipt of tax support including 1099’s, K-1’s, etc.
- Maintaining financial, legal and accounting files and records
- Reviewing, paying and recording expenses on behalf of family members and trusts
- Assist Treasurer with cash flow management on behalf of family members and entities.
- Assist with managing and processing a monthly payroll on behalf of the family’s corporation.
- 5+ years in a similar role at a family office, hedge fund, investment or accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent references
- Desire to live and work in the Hudson Valley
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume and a range for salary requirements to Laura Finkler at firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1558 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.