Job #1556: Staff Accountant - Feasterville, PA (2-15-21)
Job TitleStaff Accountant
SalaryAt par with industry standards
We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our accounting department. The Staff Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable and receivable documentation. You will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as a Staff Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Staff Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, receivable, treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Lori Brown, at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1556 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.