Job #1554: CFO – Brooklyn, New York (2-15-21)
Salary$180,000 - $220,000
About the position:
Overall, the mission of the Chief Financial Officer is to secure the revenues and profitability of a high-growth entrepreneurial company based in Brooklyn, while delivering innovative programs to a marketplace poised for significant growth.
Chief Financial Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Provides comprehensive job costing analysis and determines funding allocations while forecasting future financial need.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; and developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community and financial institutions. Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certification a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting and financial management practices.
- Experience in a senior management position. Proficiency with accounting software, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills. Experience in construction accounting a plus
Competitive Salary Range Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, including Flex Benefits 20 days paid annual leave, 12 paid holidays per year. Collaborative work environment
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Chris Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1554 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.