Job #1551: Vice President – Technical Accounting, Reporting and Policy - Chicago, IL (2-10-21)
Job TitleVice President
SalaryCompetitive package, at par with industry standards
Vice President – VP, Technical Accounting, Reporting and Policy
Your key responsibilities –
- Lead, develop and grow the team responsible for establishing accounting and reporting policies to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Lead the development and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies in compliance with US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Manage aspects of developing and maintaining accounting and reporting policies related to compliance with US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Manage or support reviews of new accounting standard updates and adaptation of processes and policies to reflect applicable updates; track projects related to emerging accounting guidance and reporting rules
- Manage the technical accounting research and related documentation of technical accounting matters
- Manage or complete exercises to benchmark accounting and reporting policies, as well as disclosures, against other public company filers as part of an effort to achieve best-in-class standards
- Partner with Product Finance to support accounting for new or complex transactions, including developing documented conclusions incorporating applicable accounting guidance
- Participate in the quarterly SEC filing process, including preparation of assigned disclosures and reviews of investor relations materials
- Execute special projects as assigned, including mergers and acquisitions accounting considerations and finance functional transformation projects
- Manage aspects of the relationship with MSCI’s independent registered public accounting firm
Your skills and experience that will help you excel –
- 6+ years in Accounting or Finance related field
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Public accounting (Big Four) and/or industry accounting experience with multi-national publicly-traded companies, preferably within the technology or software industries
- Prior experience drafting and managing accounting and reporting policies for a global, publicly-traded organization
- Prior experience preparing and reviewing filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Form 10-Qs, Form 10-Ks and Form 8-Ks
- Knowledge and experience with complex Corporate accounting areas, such as stock-based compensation, equity, debt, partnership and business combinations
- Proficient with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, including ASC 606
- Strong grasp of complex accounting concepts balanced with operational and business understanding
- Knowledge of large ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle or Peoplesoft, as well as consolidation applications such as SAP BPC, HFM, etc.
- Past experience with SEC reporting applications, such as Active Disclosure, Workiva WDesk, etc.
- Executive presence and ability to communicate succinctly with senior leadership team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect …
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, paid holidays, paid vacation and 401K matching
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts, etc.
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1551 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.