Job #1549: Chief Financial Officer - Real Estate Firm, New Rochelle, New York (2-10-21)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCompetitive & attractive package commensurate with experience
Chief Financial Officer - Rapid Growth Real Estate Firm
With approximately 32 properties that include over 6,000 apartments, Goldfarb Properties is a family-owned and managed business, offering the finest apartments across five diverse regions. We are dedicated to providing an elevated living experience for our residents through our premium product and our promise to make a positive impact on our neighborhoods through our community-driven initiatives.
We are fairly particular in the company we keep, including our team. As a community-focused business, we partner with people who share our values proudly. We are hiring a Chief Financial Officer to provide leadership and innovation to our financial and accounting systems and processes which will allow us to continue to pursue the highest level of technical prowess and efficiency for the next 50 years. Will be working directly with senior ownership.
- Manage and lead all financial functions, including financial reporting, budgeting, planning and analysis, cash management, profit management, payroll, banking, and audit activities.
- Oversee, lead and administer annual budgeting and planning processes; monitor progress and changes of the P&L to keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status.
- Provide quarterly financial reporting and budget review to the executive team.
- Provide leadership to our 11-member accounting team, with an eye toward embracing technology and modernizing our processes.
- Implement tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the principals and the executive team to enhance critical decision making, including BI, KPI dashboards, and data analytics.
- Have a thorough hands on understanding of Modern Accounting Software (ERP) as it related to all financial and accounting functions. Active Financial Modules (Yardi) include: Voyager Core Accounting, Advanced Budgeting and Forecasting, Payscan, Cash management, vendor café, Yardi Energy Solutions, Commercial Leasing.
- Oversee human resource operations with executive management team.
- Engage leadership team to develop short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Coordinate with our regulatory compliance team to maintain compliance with the New York State and New York City Real Estate regulatory environment. Provide oversight for development work and major capital improvements, including contract monitoring procedures and reporting.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the executive management team.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting. Active CPA. 8+ years’ experience in accounting including 4+ years in controller role. New York City real estate development industry experience preferred.
- Yardi experience preferred. Extensive accounting and financial statement experience and general knowledge of corporate and partnership tax planning.
- Experience implementing financial, operational, and analytic IT systems and controls.
- Ability to view the business from a broader perspective, integrating finance and business issues to develop insight and solutions that add value to the entire enterprise.
- Experience auditing operations systems and implementing internal controls. Hands-on leadership with the ability to attract, retain and mentor a highly motivated and talented financial and accounting team in a lean and efficient manner.
- Ability to develop employees and teams through regular coaching and feedback.
Strong communication and analytical skills. Detail orientation and operational rigor. Impeccable integrity and high ethical standards.
What We Offer
Paid vacation and sick time Medical, dental, and vision insurance FSA + HSA options Company-paid STD/LTD 401k plans
Goldfarb Properties is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Joshua Goldfarb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1549 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email