Job #1547: Executive Director- BLCK VC - Remote (2-3-21)
Job TitleExecutive Director
SalaryAt par with industry standards
Blck VC Overview
BLCK VC is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) pending nonprofit-organization focused on empowering and
supporting Black investors, while increasing their representation in Venture Capital. Put more precisely,
we want to increase representation of Black investors from 2% of the industry to 4% by 2024. To do this,
we coordinate initiatives such as Breaking into Venture, Black Venture Institute, host educational and
community events, and work with venture firms to diversify their investors and pipelines. BLCK VC is
currently active in the following regions/markets: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and
BLCK VC is seeking a self-driven, passionate, and highly competent full-time Executive Director to help
develop and lead the vision and strategy of BLCK VC, and while managing the day to day operations.
The Executive Director will work closely alongside the full time Chief of Staff, Board of Directors, and
the founders of BLCK VC. The Executive Director will also work alongside leaders within the venture
community, partner with other nonprofits in the tech industry, and engage with stakeholders across the
ecosystem to build and execute on BLCK VC’s mission and goals.
The Executive Director of BLCK VC will lead this organization into its next stage of growth as we
transform Venture Capital, and the tech industry more broadly, to build generational wealth for Black
Americans. The ideal candidate must possess a strong entrepreneurial drive, outstanding communication
skills, strong leadership qualities, and good planning and organizational skills. An exceptional Executive
Director will also be passionate about diversity and inclusion, especially as it intersects venture investing
and entrepreneurship. We expect the Executive Director to streamline our organizational operations,
effectively and efficiently direct operational budgets, improve revenue, direct our business strategy, and
enhance relations with the media, internal stakeholders, staff, and surrounding communities.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent quality of finance and administration, long term fundraising, communications, and systems; build strategies, timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize BLCK VC volunteers, board members, committees, regions, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Collaborate with and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee;seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing and new program operations and regional expansion.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
Planning & New Business:
- Design the regional expansion and business development strategy; establish efficient planning processes for program expansion into new markets.
- Build partnerships in new and existing markets, establishing relationships with key stakeholders, funders, and community leaders.
- Be a thought-leader and expand BLCK VC’s presence nationally through publishing and communicating organizational impact, emphasizing reliable and relevant data that reinforces the importance of diversity in the venture industry
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to BLCK VC’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience.
● Undergraduate degree, a Masters or MBA is a plus, with at least 10 years of work experience, at least 5 years of management experience and a track record of effectively leading and scaling programs and/or organizations.
● Prior experience developing and operationalizing growth strategies for an organization.
● Either Nonprofit or tech experience, both are a plus.
● A working knowledge of the tech industry and venture capital industry, along with an understanding of the problems BLCK VC is addressing.
● Past experience working with a Board of Directors or senior leadership team.
● Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
● In-depth knowledge of financial practices and management, previous nonprofit financial management experience a plus.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project management skills.
How to Apply:
We will be accepting applications for the role through February 12th. We will be running a multi-stage
process and doing first round interviews on a rolling basis. Our goal is to have the Executive Director start
in March or April.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Samer Yousif at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1547 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.