Job #1542: Treasury & Revenue Cycle Sr. Analyst - Lakewood, New Jersey (2-2-21)
Job TitleTreasury & Revenue Cycle Sr. Analyst
SalaryAt par with industry standards
Component Hardware Group is a private equity backed global Company that designs and sources specialty and custom engineered components for the foodservice and healthcare industries. CHG components are also incorporated in the refrigeration units enabling the COVID-19 vaccine distribution across the nation. Headquartered in New Jersey, the Company has offices in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
We are in search of a doer, a go-getter, an Excel guru, a problem-solver, and a curious thinker - one who is allergic to unreconciled balances and cannot rest until they get to the bottom of a problem.
Are you the go-to person in your organization who always figures out how to solve the toughest problems that have fully stumped all others? Are you a top performer in your current role, but looking to step up to a higher visibility position? If so, we would love to meet you.
The Sr. Analyst of Treasury & Revenue Cycle will be a key player in our high-performing finance team. Reporting directly to the CFO, this role will oversee a small but mighty team that handles Accounts Receivable, Collections, Cash Application, and Credit Risk Evaluations. This role will develop and maintain cash reporting and forecasting, while applying critical thinking skills to analyze and make recommendations for efficiency improvements.
A typical day would include approving global wires, working on improvement projects such as migrating customers to ACH remittance instead of paper checks, working on cash forecasting, researching lender questions, helping team members to solve problems, and volunteering to step up to the plate to make personal calls to difficult customers who have large overdue balances. Bottom line, we are looking for someone who is not afraid to dig in, figure out the best ways to do things, and lead us in the right direction.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manage a team of 2-3 employees; set goals/KPIs, conduct performance evaluations, provide positive feedback, and take corrective actions when needed, and facilitate individual/team engagement and development to drive results. Contribute to a positive Company culture and ensure compliance with Company policies.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the ERP system; become a super-user of the ERP and other reporting tools to make individualized contributions. This is a small team, and the manager must be a doer, self-sufficient and be able to independently run reports, query data and manipulate data. Must have the ability to poke around the ERP system and/or do Google searches to figure out how to self-teach in times of uncertainty.
- Be the subject matter expert in the revenue cycle and cash cycles; both the process and systems flow. Subject matter expert in assigned accounts within the Company’s balance sheet and have an intimate knowledge of transactions that affect cash, debt, etc.
- Develop or adopt and maintain sophisticated Excel models to forecast short- and long-term cash needs, provide liquidity estimates, DSO calculations, etc. Requires super-user of Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, etc.) with attention to detail.
- Lead initiatives to develop new approaches to streamline processes, reorganize work, implement new technologies, and improve resource utilization within and outside functional area, with a focus on reducing cost and risk to the Company. Advocate for continuous improvement; never settling for the status quo.
- Point person for banking relationships, responsible to approve wires within the banking system and dump data from the banking system to analyze and forecast. Manage international payments and transfers.
- Assist CFO in the enhancement of policies and procedures to govern controls over cash transactions to minimize risk.
- Ensure compliance with government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assist CFO in insurance annual renewal and risk review process.
- Key contributor to lender reporting; assist in calculations related to covenant compliance; assist in answering questions from lenders or investors.
- Communicate clearly, accurately, and professionally both within the organization and outside the organization. Able to gain trust and respect by demonstrating reliable performance and follow-through.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline. Or an Associate’s degree in a related field with equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience in accounting or finance, preferably in a global industrial company.
- CPA, MBA, or other relevant master’s degree is desirable but not required.
- Experience using Microsoft Navision, Power BI, Jet Reports a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced Excel skills: Must be a rock star that can use all of the following functions without looking up how to use them: Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, Sorting, Conditional Formatting, Remove Duplicates, Filtering, Min/Max, etc.
- Alignment with our Company Values: 1) Respect – Treat others the way you want to be treated; 2) Integrity – Demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles; 3) Customer Focus – Ensure customers are delighted with every experience; 4) Ownership – Accept responsibility for your own actions and behaviors; 4) Passion – Do great work because you love what you do.
- Independent thinker; Problem solver; Not afraid to make a mistake, but rarely makes the same mistake twice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to understand and unravel complexity and create clarity and understanding for self and others.
- Curious mind; analytical thinker; attention to detail; reviews work prior to sending to management; proactively looks for oddities and explains them before management has a chance to ask.
- Allergic to unreconciled balances and reports that have old, unexplained balances. Lover of clean reports.
- Unafraid to tackle a new process or challenge the status quo but does so in a way that inspires confidence and commitment as opposed to divides and alienates.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Results-driven – sense of urgency and speed.
- Proven leadership skills – able to coach, motivate and inspire high performing teams.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Ann Behinger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1542 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your emai