Job #1541: Chief Financial Officer - Nassau County, New York (2-1-21)
A Nassau County Based Tradesman Company is hiring a CFO. CPA and CFO experience from a tradesman or construction company is required.
Specific expectations of the Chief Financial Officer are outlined below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently uphold and demonstrate the Company’s CORE Values and play an integral role in delivering the Company’s MISSION Statement. Understand the company’s strategy, business, and growth initiatives.
- Serve as an active Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the Company’s Executive Leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts, while providing financial guidance and recommendations of fiscally based short-term and long-term Company growth plans.
- Communicate, engage, and consistently interact with Executive Leadership to report on the Company’s financial position.
- Collaborate in the development of and lead the effort in managing the Company’s financial objectives that align with the Company’s growth and expansion strategy.
Work with outside consultants, auditors and investors, as necessary.
- Serve as a key member of Executive Leadership team. Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic Company Financial initiatives.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as required by the Company’s Executive Leadership team.
- Analyze Company Mergers & Acquisition opportunities and prospective alternative strategies for Company expansion and growth. Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting: Prepare, present, and possess in-depth knowledge and expertise of the Company’s monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division to the Executive Leadership and Leadership team.
- Create and implement a monthly Accounting calendar, with detailed departmental deliverables that ensures consistent and accurate financial reporting.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings that impact the overall Company financial performance. Develop and maintain monthly and annual Company operating budget(s), and report on same throughout the course of the year to Executive Leadership.
- Manage financial planning development and creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting, as required by the Company. Accounting, General Ledger, Administration, and Operations:
- Identify and implement financial software systems to enhance financial and operational reporting. Review, assess, and implement required Finance and Accounting controls (Revenue and Expense Controls) throughout the Company, while ensuring the Company consistently upholds regulatory Accounting compliance and conformity. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for Executive Leadership.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements. Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns. Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate Payroll legal compliance. Review and evaluate current financial month-end close processes, and subsequently recommend an effective and consistent process that will provide Executive Leadership with accurate Financial reporting. Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation. Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Executive Leadership. Ensure Company’s inventory control system(s) and practices are in place and properly executed by relevant team members and departments. Alternatively, help compose proper inventory control measures to ensure proper financial controls are implemented and adhered to.
Manage cash flow planning process, availability of funds, and make necessary strategic financial recommendations to Executive Leadership that will ensure Company’s Financial strength.
- Oversee cash, investments and Company asset management interests.
- Explore Company investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking financial models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the Company’s business plans and operating budgets.
Finance and Accounting Team Management:
- Recruit, interview, hire and oversee the Finance and Accounting department that consists of financial disciplines that include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, and Procurement. This includes making relevant personnel changes to the team that is in the best interest of the Company’s CORE Values.
- Supervise the Finance and Accounting department to ensure effective and efficient finance and accounting functionality, including management of all Personnel and Systems (database and software).
- Mentor and develop the Finance and Accounting team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic, consistent with the Company’s Mission Statement and CORE Values.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Lisa Gootman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1541 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.