Job #1536: Technical Sourcer - Remote (1-25-21)
Job TitleTechnical Sourcer
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The Technical Sourcer is responsible for using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates and building talent pipelines for future technical hiring needs. Your partnership with the Technical Talent Acquisition Team will drive the success of finding top technical talent within Covetrus openings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain strong technical sourcing techniques (stays ahead of the trend) and stays current with recruitment compliance best practices.
- Partner with technical recruiters to directly source qualified candidates through a wide variety of channels and understand the position requirements.
- Engage and qualify technical candidates for relevant openings and assist them through the recruitment process.
- Proactively source candidates through job boards, candidate pools, social media websites, referrals, networking, and other avenues, to fill talent acquisition needs.
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through pro-active market research, sourcing and on-going relationship management.
- Work closely with exiting teams to develop innovative sourcing strategies.
- Maintenance of Application Tracking Systems (Preferably Workday experience), and other tools to manage the requisition approval process, incoming resumes and applicant flow and ensuring compliance with all federal & state laws, as well as Covetrus policies.
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare an ideal candidate slate within appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Schedule phone and onsite interviews with candidates and hiring managers and/or team members.
- Complete reference checks on all potential candidates and review findings with hiring manager prior to job offer.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up with candidates who are not selected for hire.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interview techniques.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3 - 5 years progressively responsible Technical Sourcing experience
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Experience working with a diverse team and striving for fairness in hiring all races, genders and ages
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Experience sourcing Technical Professionals
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques
- Craft and send professional recruiting emails to perspective candidates
- Maintain an active pipeline of experienced Technical Professionals
- Proficiency using ATS systems (Workday)
- Excellent organization and prioritization skill
- Ability to positively present our company and open roles to potential candidates
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and demonstrate flexibility
- Self-motivated - ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge and ability to apply federal and state legislation as it relates to employment matters and recruitment practices.
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly environment
- Extensive computer work
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should apply for the role using the following LINK. Please also feel free to e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1536 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.