Job #1535: Technical Recruiter- Remote (1-25-21)
Job TitleTechnical Recruiter
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The Technical Recruiter is responsible for the full life cycle recruiting process ensuring that Covetrus attracts, recruits and selects high performing technical individuals. Your dynamic workday involves the partnering with technical and product development teams across Covetrus to understand each team hiring needs and implement our top-notch recruitment process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proactively source candidates through job boards, candidate pools, social media websites, referrals, networking, and other avenues, to fill talent acquisition needs.
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through pro-active market research, sourcing and on-going relationship management.
- Actively work toward building a diverse and qualified tech team to support the organization.
- Participate in meetings with hiring managers to determine vacant tech-related positions and the preferred attributes for potential hires.
- Identify new creative strategies and build relationships with other organizations to enhance the pipeline of candidates for tough to fill jobs or scarce skills.
- Maintenance of Application Tracking Systems (Workday experience), and other tools to manage the requisition approval process, incoming resumes and applicant flow and ensuring compliance with all federal & state laws, as well as Covetrus policies.
- Be a strategic business partner with internal clients by anticipating needs, suggesting solutions and providing consistent feedback on a weekly basis.
- Determine effective advertising mediums and place appropriate postings on career and social networking sites.
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare an ideal candidate slate within appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Schedule phone and onsite interviews with candidates and hiring managers and/or team members.
- Complete reference checks on all potential candidates and review findings with hiring manager prior to job offer.
- Assist with initial onboarding by creating offer letters and pre-hire package to distribute to selected candidates.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up with candidates who are not selected for hire.
- Attend recruitment/networking events as needed.
- Assist with completing job descriptions when needed.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interview techniques.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3 - 5 years progressively responsible Technical Recruiting experience
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Experience working with a diverse team and striving for fairness in hiring all races, genders and ages
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Experience Recruiting Technical Professionals
- Maintain an active pipeline of experience Technical Professionals
- Proficiency using ATS systems (Workday)
- Excellent organization and prioritization skill
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and demonstrate flexibility
- Strong customer service orientation
- Self motivated - ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge and ability to apply federal and state legislation as it relates to employment matters and recruitment practices.
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly environment
- Extensive computer work
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
Interested Friends of the Firm members should apply for the role using the following LINK. Please also feel free to e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1535 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.