Job #1534: CFO- NY (1-22-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
The company is a vertically-integrated private equity real estate firm, based in New York City. The firm specializes in investments in residential land, master-planned communities, land financing and single family build-for-rent, as well as other opportunistic strategies. Based on capital raised and track record, we believe we are the leaders in our space. The company has over $1 billion in assets in under management and expects to hold a final close for its seventh fund this month on over $500 million of equity. The team in New York is approximately 10 employees and enjoys a culture where we take deep pride in both our individual and collective work. We are supported by an additional 35 development-related FTE’s located across the country in the markets where we invest.
- Manage all financial aspects of a vertically-integrated private equity firm with over $1 billion in AUM. Functional areas include finance, accounting, tax, treasury, investor relations, compliance and operations.
- Oversee our 3rd party service providers including our fund administrator, audit and tax firms as well as internal team of 2 FTE accounting professionals and 2 PTE tax professionals.
- Supervise fund accounting, financial reporting and tax structuring; identify and resolve tax and US GAAP issues.
- Review accounting for the general partner and Management Company and perform budgeting, cash flow management and other financial analyses.
- Oversee and manage firm’s commercial banking relationships, including subscription line and cash accounts as well as covenant reporting on asset-level financing.
- Work with outside compliance service provider to monitor compliance program and to document and enforce appropriate policies.
- Interface with our development operations across 10 states, overseeing closings, development draws, revenues and performance payments to our regional partners.
- Review fundraising and related agreements with counsel, including subscription documents, private placement memoranda and side letters. Respond to due diligence questionnaires and prepare other customized limited partner information requests.
- Negotiate, implement and manage firm’s administrative and office needs (as required), including human resources, IT, facilities, payroll and benefits for its employees.
- Minimum of 12-15+ years of accounting work experience, including at least 5 years of hands-on private equity accounting experience (i.e., Controller level or above)
- Experience leading internal and external teams
- Familiarity with Yardi a plus
- Someone who ensures deadlines get met
- Highly organized
- Keen desire to learn
- Good rapport building skills with colleagues, investors and other third parties
- Owner’s mindset, interested in having a long-term seat at the table
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1534 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.