Job #1531: Junior Accountant - NY (1-21-21)
Job TitleJunior Accountant
A Private Equity Firm in NYC that invests 100% in the cannabis ecosystem is growing and interested in hiring a Junior Management/Fund Accountant to join their team. Location in the NY Metro area is required, although the company is currently working remotely.
The ideal candidate is someone energetic, driven, a self-starter and proactive. Must have high attention to detail, strong analytical skills and takes responsibility for their work product. The Junior accountant will report directly to the Controller and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-pace team-oriented remote environment.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist with management of accounts payable/receivable and maintaining management company books and records
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile billing discrepancies
- Assist with audits and other accounting functions
- Work with accounting team on ad hoc requests
Qualifications, skills and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA is preferred but not required
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- QuickBooks experience is preferred but not required
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Able to work remotely and independently
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Dan Lipton at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1530 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.