Job #1524: Family Office Accountant/ Finance Analyst - Tarrytown, New York (1-14-21)
Job TitleFamily Office Accountant/ Finance Analyst
SalaryAt par with industry standards
Location: Currently remote with intermittent travel to Tarrytown, NY. Becoming permanently remote is under consideration.
Position Overview: A small investment and finance focused single family office seeks a qualified individual with experience in accounting/bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, financial reporting and analysis budgeting and cash flow, to be responsible for maintaining the financial and investment records of the family members, trusts and foundations.
Professional Criteria and Personal Characteristics:
- CPA, Bachelors or better in Accounting
- 8 to 10 years of experience in public accounting, private corporation, single family office preferred
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, written and oral skills, able to manage several competing tasks, detail oriented, flexible, ability to work independently as necessary.
- Must have a commitment to excellence, judgement, discretion and integrity
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel including strong knowledge of functions and vlookups.
- Proficiency in Quicken / QuickBooks Online necessary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile bank and brokerage accounts, update / monitor bank balances
- Coordinate fund transfers and various banking activities, with focus on cash management, maintain related logs and entries
- Prepare and analyze cash balances
- Prepare and analyze various expense analyses
- Prepare, analyze, reconcile and consolidate monthly investment reporting
- Prepare various loan and related interest analyses
- Prepare various subscription materials and compliance information for new and existing investments
- Prepare funding for capital calls, track and maintain investment balances in regard to commitments, distributions, capital calls, etc.
- Maintain organized files for all investments held
- Point person for maintaining and providing various tax documentation for quarterly / annual return preparation
- Maintain records of philanthropic activities and assist with charitable donations
- Responsible for mail, preparing payment for daily expenses
- Process payroll via ADP
- Various special projects
- Notary Public or willingness to become one
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1524 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.