Job #1518: Sr. Project Accountant- Tinton Falls, New Jersey (1-11-21)
Job TitleSr. Project Accountant
SalaryAt par with industry standards
About the Kiely Family of Companies:
The Kiely Family of Companies established in 1952 specializes in design – build. Its three business units civil, development and equipment serve the engineering, construction, real estate and manufacturing industries. As an ENR 600 company, heavily concentrated in the Northeast, the Kiely Family of Companies employs more than 1,000 team members throughout the United States and abroad.
We are looking for an experienced ‘hands on” Sr. Project Accountant with 10+ years of experience in a multi-corporate construction and engineering environments. The ideal candidate will have experience with all aspects of project accounting including revenue recognition, WIP, job cost and revenue management, invoicing and excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written). Complemented by best practices and change agent mindset, who applies use technology and processes effectiveness to drive revenue accountability, develops team members and is relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
We offer our team members:
· Medical & dental benefits
· Competitive salary
· Continuous training and development
· Paid holidays
· Paid time off
· Retirement benefits
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees and prepares all job cost and revenue details, completing monthly work in process schedules (WIP) for all construction and engineering entities working closely with Project leaders, Business Unit Leaders, and Finance Team to maximize revenues and margins.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to billing.
- Leads all billing actions, processes, and training. Hands on invoice preparation and securing approvals. Monitors Accounts Receivable, supporting and taking any required actions.
- Job cost expert and go to person for questions and support.
- Oversee and executes contact and proposal reviews to support project setups, billing and accounting, and system requirements.
- Active participant in project meetings with Project Supervisors, Managers and Leadership. Provides insights related to system needs, data requirement process flow discussions and expectations.
- Drives, oversees, and maintains all digital project folders.
- Supports, trains team members (resident expert), and when needed enters, data including but not limited to commitments and purchase orders, contract info, change orders and other requirements
- Review all third party and expense billing support and verifies the accuracy of the expense.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability project reports. Prepares special project analyses for the PICs, PMs, and others.
- Provide year-end support for annual audit and client audit requirements and related research and reconciliation.
- Timberline CRE300, Remote Time and Sage Paperless. HCSS is highly desired.
- Proven experience with project accounting methods; Cost Plus, Lump Sum, Time and Materials.
- Problem Solving/Analysis; ability to research and analyze various types of data information.
- Proficient time management skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office, and advance Excel and data skills.
- Audit experience desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and specifications.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment requiring minimal supervision
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Thomas McGinn at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1518 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.