Job #1516: Controller - New York (1-8-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
The Controller is a vitally important role at North Canyon Media Inc. (“NCM”). This individual will report to
NCM’s Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) once that position is filled. In the interim, they will report to the
firm’s Co-Founders / Co-CEOs. The Controller will initially be responsible for NCM’s financial reporting,
budgeting, and expense and payroll management.
Exciting, fast-growing company:
North Canyon Media Inc. (“NCM”) is a well-funded, fast-growing education-information company that was
founded in 2019. We are a mobile-oriented, video-first company. We are looking for an experienced
executive to assist us in managing all aspects of the growing company’s financial operations.
Competitive compensation including equity participation and full benefits.
NCM does not anticipate occupying its NYC offices on a full-time basis until after March 2021 and only if
conditions permit. The Controller will work remotely until NY State and NCM are confident that it is safe to
return to our offices, at such time the Controller will work at NCM’s office.
• Assist the CFO in making important financial decisions
• Oversee NCM’s accounting, payroll, benefits, billing and collections
• Work directly and effectively with NCM’s external accounting, payroll, benefits, and legal services
providers to ensure they receive the accurate information and documentation they require
• Help prepare monthly and annual financial plans, budgets, and statements
• Establish a work ethic built on respect, honesty, teamwork, and excellence
• Supervise the preparation of financial statements and reports and tax documentation
• Set a standard of excellence in terms of effort for all members of the team to follow
• Operating and capital expense planning and analysis
• Ensure NCM’s internal projects and external contracts are delivered on time and under budget
• Establish best practices in all aspects of financial operations
Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree from a fully accredited program
• Valid CPA status
• Minimum 5+ years' work relevant work experience in a similar position and managing a team
• Understanding of domestic US tax and payroll regulations
• Advanced proficiency with relevant accounting software and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Candidates must be highly organized, process-oriented, and adept at coordinating and managing
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management about finances of the
business, as well as the ability to justify financial recommendations
• Attention to detail, punctual, proactive
• Excellent math, analytical, organizational, and project analysis skills
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to William Araskog at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1516 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.