Job #1511: Director of Property Management/ VP Property Management - New Jersey (1-4-21)
Job TitleDirector of Property Management/ VP Property Management
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Job Description - Director/Vice President Property Management
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Financial Management and implementation of financial controls for all properties
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the physical assets and maximizing the returns from the asset in accordance with the Owners mission, vision, and objectives.
- Day to Day management of the entire portfolio of properties and completion of special projects at the discretion of the President.
- Supervision of the Regional Managers and Accounting Staff of the Management Company.
- Reports to President
- Supervises all Regional Managers, Area Managers, and on-site personnel at properties.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and others serving the Company or the property.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position.
- Maintaining the physical asset—
- Supervises employees and contractors.
- Assures adherence to specifications (contractual; operations manual).
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Ensures observance of safety regulations.
- Marketing and leasing—
- Regularly evaluates market conditions and property comparables.
- Develops and Implements marketing plan.
- Periodically reviews rental applications, leases, and income certifications for accuracy and compliance with established regulatory policies and procedures.
- Reviews waiting list and ensures compliance with Fair Housing requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs.
- Financial reporting and control—
- Reviews and helps develop annual property operating budget.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports.
- Approves payments (payroll, invoices).
- Approves expenditures in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Supervises rent collection in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Handles employee selection, training, and control, and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Continually improves management and technical skills.
Special Projects may include software and organizational improvements with One Site/ Yard and Timberline and any additional software utilized. Along with:
- HUD compliance issues such as EIV, resident file organization, implementation of new protocol or policy.
- Emergency management and preparedness.
- Management Review and Physical Inspection preparation and oversight.
- Any other project assigned by the President.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in upper supervisory levels.
- Real estate license (if applicable).
- Strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Attentive to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Steven Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1511 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.