Job #1509: Associate - Miami, Florida (12-28-20)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Minerva Capital Group is a social impact investment firm committed to allocating capital to the companies propelling society forward. We invest in high growth companies in the medtech and education space on the edge of innovation and technology. Minerva started in 2009 currently has 7 portfolio companies and is actively raising a fund for our medtech portfolio. The firm is global with strong connections in Latam, MENA and Europe. Minerva brings to portfolio companies the go-to-market strategy, operating know-how and distribution to our portfolio companies in OUS and emerging markets.
Career Path: This program will transition into a full-time associate role following the initial 3 month trial period. This represents a unique opportunity to be part of a growing private equity fund and tight knit purpose driven team on the edge of innovation.
● Financial Modeling and Valuation Analysis
● Conduct financial and business (eg; industry analysis, competitive positioning, growth prospects), diligence and evaluating new product development
● Conduct negotiations in term sheets, agreements, and all legal documentation(s)
● Compile and write investment memos and presentations
● Participate in management calls, company meetings and industry conferences
● Participate in Investment Committee Meetings
● Conduct all aspects of monitoring the performance of existing companies; interfacing with management of portfolio companies and the fund’s partners.
● 2-3+ years as an analyst at top Investment Bank, Private Equity or Venture Capital firm
● Very strong analytical skills with background in financial/operational modeling and valuation
● Experience conducting due diligence, research and interacting with management teams
● Self-learner, takes initiative and team player
● Attention to detail and critical thinker
● Ability to operate in ambiguity. Previous experience in a small company or entrepreneurial environment
● Interest in medtech and emerging technologies
● Preference to military or athletic experience and diverse candidates
Value Associate Will Gain
● Access to pitches from companies on the edge of innovation in medtech and education
● Opening up operating businesses in emerging markets and global go-to-market strategies
● Systems based thinking and operating in an entrepreneurial environment
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume and cover letter outlining personal value proposition and why you wish to work for Minerva Capital to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1509 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.