Job #1506: VP Finance - Southern Nassau County, NY (12/17/2020)
Job TitleVP Finance
LocationSouthern Nassau County, NY
A mid-size international manufacturing company located on Long Island is searching for a VP of Finance to manage all areas of its accounting department including G/L, A/R, A/P, cost analysis and financial reporting. This position will report directly to the CFO of the company. The right candidate for this position will have ten to fifteen years of experience in positions with increasing responsibilities, eight of which will be in a managerial position within a manufacturing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage monthly closings to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and completion on a timely
- Oversee customer billing, accounts receivable, credit and
- Oversee vendor invoicing, accounts payable and cash disbursements including employees’ T&E.
- Oversee management of working capital on a daily
- Compile, review and analyze financial statements including variance
- Ensure that financial records and systems are maintained in accordance with US
- Manage general accounting function and ensure that all accounts are accurately stated and analyzed as well as all bank accounts reconciled on a current
- Play a major role in maintaining and improving the accounting function in company’s ERP s
- Assist in compiling cost standards, bills of manufacturing (BOM’s) and inventory
- Assist the CFO in managing the IT
- Develop and maintain key financial and operating KPI’s and metrics including daily maintenance of working capital
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of annual external audit or review as appropriate.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- S. Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Proven skills in financial reporting, financial analysis, accounting, GAAP, and Microsoft Good working knowledge of income tax and sales tax.
- Experience with manufacturing cost accounting, and working with bills of manufacturing (BOM’s) and ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to effectively manage staff, projects and tasks while adhering to guidelines and
- Must be able to relate effectively to people at all levels of an organization and possess excellent verbal and written communication
- Good working knowledge of Crystal Reports is a
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer
- Directly supervises the Controller. The Controller supervises the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Supervisor and Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- There is a dotted line relationship to the Human Resources Manager regarding payroll, tax, and benefits
- Relate effectively to other members of management
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic professional with the ability to contribute and grow with the company. The company is offering a generous compensation package including benefits and a 401(k)/profit sharing plan. This is an outstanding long term career advancement opportunity for the right candidate.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Bob Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1506 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.